Reusable wipes

sjbno1

Sarah - mummy & TTC#2
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some good reusable wipes :thumbup:

I'm thinking Izzies nappy rash might be down to the wipes :wacko: and have been using cottonwool and water today but would like some wipes now as I think this may be the way forward :thumbup:

Also what do you guys do when your out and about with reusable wipes i.e keeping them wet etc and poo'ie nappies :thumbup:

Thanks ladies xx

The cheeky wipes kit is expensive but apparently really good- two of my friends use them (and they don't use cloth nappies either) and both love them. I'm definitely getting a set.

I got some fab quality ones from ebay... they are fleece on one side and bamboo terry on the other.

I got mine from babykind - a starter kit, double sided wipes and soap bits to make a solution.

The wipe are ok - take some getting used to cause they are thicker than baby wipes but work really well. I love the soap bits and use these in a spray bottle. Trying to dampen a wipe is pants so i just spray babys bum then wipe, works really well. When out and about take dry wipes and spray bottle and your set.

Thanks ladies :D Jetters I will go and take a look at that kit - what are the ebay ones called?

BL - How do you deal with the poo etc though?

Thanks ladies :D Jetters I will go and take a look at that kit - what are the ebay ones called?

BL - How do you deal with the poo etc though?

With pooy nappies i use the liner to wipe off as much poo then tie the whole nappy in a nappy sack and put it in my wetbag. I then cheat and use my emergency babywipes to clean her up. LOL

Oooh....I LOVE my weenotions wipes. I got these ones https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_71_12&products_id=135

Two sets of 10 is more than enough becaue I rarely use more than 2-3 even if its a really bad poopy!

When I'm out I tend to stick a few in a mini wetbag that I got with my pop in nappies. When they are dirty I just pop them in my dirty nappy wetbag! If they are poo covered, I would just rinse them in the same way I rinse my nappy (poo sink :haha: or shake it down the loo if its that sort of poo. :rofl:

Grown adults laughing about poo, eh?

lol thanks bs :D I'm liking the price of the WN ones lol

BL - lol I will have to use them fall time if I go ahead as I think the shop bought ones are the ones that are irratating her bum :(

Ahh well in that case i would take loads of wipes and just put the dirty ones in your wetbag.

I have just bought myself a set of reusable wipes, they are the same as the pop-in nappys. I got ten bamboo wipes I think, in a lil' cute wet bag. I'm just gonna top up with some fleece squares me thinks :)
Do you ladies take your wipes out wet or dry (and wet them when needed) and do you add any essential oils....??xxxx

I take them wetted with water, a squirt of earth friendly baby wash, some grapeseed oil and a drop or two of lavender or tea tree oil depending on what is closer to me at the time :haha:

I find it quite a faff taking dry wipes and a bottle of solution out with me, but I know some of the girls on here do it that way and prefer it. You just need to have a play around with what works best for you xxx

Hmmmm, think I'll experiment tomorrow....mwahahaha!!

We got these wipes and soap bits:

https://www.babykind.co.uk/wipes.htm#babybits

I got the starter kit which has wipes and soap bits.

We have found the soap bits to be brill for nappy rash:

'Baby Bits' for wipes solution
Little pieces of soap made for making solution for wetting washable wipes
Fragrant handmade soap that is perfect for making a convenient, antibacterial sweet-smelling wipes solution. Simply drop these small squares of soap into a cup or spray bottle of warm water to dissolve.

This mild glycerin soap features olive oil infused with plantain and chickweed herbs to help clear skin irritations. Tea tree oil is added for its antifungal and antibacterial properties, keeping wipes water clean. Relaxing lavender essential oil calms your baby and gives your nursery a floral scent.

hate to butt in but laura, youre not meant to use tea tree oil when pregnant, lavender is fine though but most eo's are dangerous when pregnant

x

It's easy to make your own wipes - just get some fleece from the market, and cut it up into handy size rectangles. Ask if they've got any remnants;)
It doesn't need sewing, as fleece doesn't fray, and it makes great wipes.

oh thanks Lacross I will ask my MIL if she has any off cuts I can steal :D

I can't find the bamboo ones I got off ebay, but I also got these which are really big and lovely: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Easy-Peasy-w..._Baby_Bathing_Grooming_LE?hash=item3a5800d924

Thanks for the link :D I went to MC today and looked at the cheeky wipes :D then took the kit apart and decided I could make my own lol

Sooooooooo I went to the pound shop and got a plastic box (the same as theres lol) and a fleece blanket, then I went to Ethal Austin and bought some cheap baby flannels (not idea but will do for the moment), and then went to Superdrug and bought some spray bottles :) so I am just washing it all and need to cut my fleece blanket up and we're ready to go and all for less then £7 :D I am very pleased with myself now lol also if we get on well with them I may invest in some actual wipes but figure if we dont get along with them I'm not going to lose out :D

Good idea!! I want the cheeky wipes kit for laziness but I might copy you and just do it myself too!!

Lol only took 1 morning to get everything - should start using them tomorrow x

Was it Mothercare you saw the kit in? I can't figure out the various parts... one box to soak them in, some oils to put in the water, a pile of wipes, and one box to put the dirty ones in.. is that it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->