Reusing bottles + steriliser

Future-Sailor

Reaction score
Hi

Baby no 2 is due in April. I still got bottles and the electric steriliser I bought for my first born in 2011 - I was breastfeeding so didn't need to use it much. With baby no 2 I want to try and breastfeed as well but also keep some equipment for bottle feeding in case I change my mind...

Is it ok to use the old equipment or do knees to invest in new stuff?

Thanks!

Personally, I'd probably go ahead and invest in new equipment. But that's because I notice how much dust accumulates in everything after sitting for long periods of time. :shock:

As long as they're in good shape with no significant wear to any of the plastic, which I imagine they are if you rarely used them, I'd go ahead, especially if you intend them for only occasional use again. I bottle fed from 10 weeks, so the bottles and steriliser I have got pretty heavy use, but they're in good shape and I plan to use them again if I bottle feed. You might consider replacing the teats as these wear the most, but otherwise I'd say they're totally fine.

As long as they're in good shape with no significant wear to any of the plastic, which I imagine they are if you rarely used them, I'd go ahead, especially if you intend them for only occasional use again. I bottle fed from 10 weeks, so the bottles and steriliser I have got pretty heavy use, but they're in good shape and I plan to use them again if I bottle feed. You might consider replacing the teats as these wear the most, but otherwise I'd say they're totally fine.

Thanks! I'll double check with a midwife when I next have an appointment.

i used my OHs sisters steriliser, i aslo used second hand bottles but new teats.. ive had no problems

It reuse the bottles and steriliser but replace the teats.

I reused the steriliser, and would have 're used the bottles but someone bought me pink ones lol. I would buy new teats though.

I would use all the equipment but replace the nipples as they can dry out over time and crack/break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->