Reverted uterus

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
My sister has just had what we think is 12week scan. They have told her she has a reverted uterus and could not give her a due date. She has to go back in 2weeks for another scan. Does any one else on here have a reverted uterus and if so can you give me any more info on it?

A quick google came up with this: https://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/wha/wha_tiputer_crs.htm

Note the last part: If you become pregnant, your uterus will probably tip forward naturally and you will have a normal delivery. Often the uterus reverts back to its previous position after your delivery.

So doesn't sound too serious.

Hope it's all ok!

Thanks for that. I thought it was strange it wasn't picked up in her last pregnancy but as it says the position could have changed afteryou gave birth I guess that explains why it wasn't like it before

hi, i have a tilted uterus and it was only pionted out to me in my last pregnancy when i went for an early scan, but since no-ones evers mentioned it before or since, im thinking it doesnt really effect things too much

Hi there. Do you mean Retroverted uterus? If so I have this. When I had a scan at 8 weeks they said it basically means my uterus is tilted backwards and it makes it a little harder to see clear picture on the scan. Sonographer also said that as the baby grows my uterus will automatically correct its position. I asked if it would cause any problems during pregnancy or birth and sonographer said not at all...she told me it is nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps. Lx

Hi there. Do you mean Retroverted uterus? If so I have this. When I had a scan at 8 weeks they said it basically means my uterus is tilted backwards and it makes it a little harder to see clear picture on the scan. Sonographer also said that as the baby grows my uterus will automatically correct its position. I asked if it would cause any problems during pregnancy or birth and sonographer said not at all...she told me it is nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps. Lx

She may well have meant Retroverted but she did say reverted. Any who thanks for the advice ladies, very much appreciated

I had one of these too but its lifted up nicely in the last few weeks. Its not usually a problem unless the uterus doesnt lift up in the last few weeks of pregnancy.
The only problem i had was in early pregnancy with getting a good scan.
Im sure your sister will be fine! xx

I have a retroverted uterus supposedly. I heard it was hard to get pregnant with it, but somehow I managed and I wasn't even trying. Didn't want it either, but now that its here I do. I was actually wondering about it recently, and this really calmed my nerves. I just hope all goes well with my pregnancy

I have this, as does my Mum, and two of my aunts. Has never caused any real problems that I'm aware of except, like was mentioned before, it can be difficult to get a clear scan picture.
xx

Becki77 and Cuddles314...out of interest how did you get on at your 12(ish) week scans? Were the pictures good or a little disappointing? My early (8week)scan was fine because I wasn't expecting to see a great deal anyway, but wondering now whether I should perhaps limit my expectations for my 13 week scan to avoid disappointment. Any thoughts?

Becki77 and Cuddles314...out of interest how did you get on at your 12(ish) week scans? Were the pictures good or a little disappointing? My early (8week)scan was fine because I wasn't expecting to see a great deal anyway, but wondering now whether I should perhaps limit my expectations for my 13 week scan to avoid disappointment. Any thoughts?

The sonographer tried a normal ultrasound but pictures weren't that clear so reccommended an internal scan. If you are ok with this I'd def say have it done, as the pictures came out much clearer, and I could see loads of detail, such as the spine, jaw bones, brain etc.
It's not painful, but may be a little uncomfortable, but I think it was def worth it to get a clearer picture.
On my 22+3 scan, a different sonographer just did a normal ultrasound, and the pics are much fuzzier i think.
xx

Thanks cuddles. I don't think I'd have any issues with an internal if meant we'd get a better idea of how the baby is doing. Thanks for your reply!

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->