Rhesus - Anti D ????

Truffleax

TTC our 1st Baby :)
Reaction score
Hi girls

Well I had my MC a couple of weeks ago now and anyway yesterday I received the leaflet on MC from the hospital which contains helpful info on how to deal with it and how long to wait til trying again etc etc etc

Anyway my mom raised a concern with me just after Id had it about the fact that I have Rhesus Negative O blood group and that when you have a baby you need to have an Anti D injection as it can be dangerous for yours and the babys blood to mix, well on this leaflet it said that after a MC if you have Rhesus Negative blood you may need to have an Anti D injection but that you will be told if you need one, they never mentioned this to me at all but I KNOW that is definately my blood group do you think I need to ring the Dr or hospital to tell them? and ask what they think? has anyone else had a similer thing and needed one too?!!? I'm pretty sure my OH has postive blood as both his parents do but he isn't sure exactly what blood group he is.

Any help / Advice is appreciated!

xxxx

I'm not sure hun but it can't hurt to ask can it? x x x

I'm not sure but i remember I had to wait ages at hospital for them to get the results of my blood group as they wanted to be sure I didn't need that injection before I left. I turned out to be positive so didn't need it. You should probably ring them to check.

Thanks girls Im going to give them a ring now xxx

They said I dont need one so thats a relief.

xxx

I am A- and DH is O+. I went to A&E during my first mc at 12 weeks, mainly to check if I needed the Anti D jab, but they said I didn't (although I was borderline in terms of how far gone I was).

Hi, I'm rhesus B negative, I had my m/c a week ago well was told a week ago at 11 week scan had no bleeding etc and had my D&C yesterday afterward i had to have the anti D injection i also had to have one after my baby girl was born....i was told that i would have to have one anytime i had a baby/miscarriage or fall which lead to bleeding down below within 72 hours i'm pretty frecked out by the hole rhesus negative blood stuff and going to look into more i seeing my consultant in a few weeks and going to ask more questions about it.......i think there is a ''sticky thread'' on the top of the miscarriage forum which is good reading and have some more information for u X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->