Rhesus negative ladies

A132429

Reaction score
Im rhesus negative and this is my second pregnancy..Im just not sure when would I have to get the anti D shot? I know if theres any bleeding or spotting but during my last pregnancy I banged my bump off a door and it bruised a bit and I had to get it..But if I just bruise myself say my leg or somewhere do I have to get it ? Just dont want to brush it off and say no and then regret it

Hello, I am also Rhesus negative and my doctor said I should get the shots at 28 and 32 weeks baring anything unusual. As far as he told me, you should not have to get the shot again if you have had it before in previous pregnancies. Hopefully this is helpful :) x

ill be getting my jab at 28wks then again after birth, as OH is positive. hard knocks on bump like a fall or push into or on your bump or a car accident big impact on bump is when i would go to hospital to get jabbed again as they do recommend that. :)

28 weeks and also for any bleeding, I had anti also at 12 weeks because I had bleeding due to a low lying placenta. Didn't have to have it after my last birth because my daughter is same blood type as me, but my hubby is positive so if this baby has same blood type as him then I will have to have it x

Last time it was 28 weeks then after birth. I also had a small bleed at twelv weeks and had some for that.

My husband is RH negative, so I won't be getting the shot. Otherwise, it would have been at 28 weeks.

Are we suppose to get 2 injections? I'm A negative blood group but only had 1 injection last time but it was at 30 weeks because my midwife made a mistake and didn't book me in for a shot at 28 weeks. My daughters same blood group as me though luckily but I just need to know if its vital to have the 2 shots so I can keep my midwife in check this time :)

I didnt have one at 28 weeks as far as I remember :/ Must ask about that..I had one once when I bumped my bump and then after Jacob was born I had it too

Mines at 28w too, actually may be just before as having it tomorrow

Are we suppose to get 2 injections? I'm A negative blood group but only had 1 injection last time but it was at 30 weeks because my midwife made a mistake and didn't book me in for a shot at 28 weeks. My daughters same blood group as me though luckily but I just need to know if its vital to have the 2 shots so I can keep my midwife in check this time :)

I think they used to give 2 injections, one at around 34 weeks aswell? But they've moved away from doing that

Last pregnancy i had it at 32wks cos midwife forgot!! Didnt need it after birth as ds is o neg same as me.
This time tho its a different story, due to a whole shed load of bleeding i'v had it at 12, 17 and then the routine one at 28wks (midwife remembered this time lol)
Shouldnt have to have any more as hubs is neg too so baby shouldnt have a pos blood group (altho i know theres a random one in a million chance of that happening) the only reason now is if i fall and bruise bump or bang it somehow

Hello, I am also Rhesus negative and my doctor said I should get the shots at 28 and 32 weeks baring anything unusual. As far as he told me, you should not have to get the shot again if you have had it before in previous pregnancies. Hopefully this is helpful :) x

I've gotten it during two pregnancies.

In the UK they used to give the injections at 28 & 34 weeks but now it's just one injection at 28 weeks. If you have any bleeding throughout your pregnancy you will require another injection. xx

I'm AB- so I'll have to have the shot.. I've been told at 28 weeks - and I think they give you another one within 72 hours of baby being born if the baby is RH+.

That being said, I've never heard that I need a shot if I get any bumps or bruises - I'll have to ask my midwife that at my next appt.

Us Rh- girls will have one shot administered between 28 and 32 weeks. According to my doctor, it must be done in EACH pregnancy. It will not last a lifetime. If your child is born Rh+, you will need another shot after the baby is born. If she is Rh-, you won't get another shot.

I just had my anti d shot in the ass! wasnt sore and apparently i may or may not get one at work (depending on babies blood type)

last time I had one at 28 weeks, this time I have 2 smaller doses, one at 28 weeks and one at 34. I have also had to have 2 extra doses because of bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->