• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rhesus Negative

ducky1502

Reaction score
I had an abortion in January last year and was tested and found out I was rhesus negative, I was given an injection to prevent any harm to future babies. The abortion pretty much ruined my life at the time and took me a looooong time to get over it and come to terms with it.

We have now been trying since March and no luck so far!! I've been starting to do a bit of research on being rhesus negative. Now I'm worried that I keep getting pregnant but my body is killing any babies that are rhesus positive.

Is there a chance the injection didn't work?! Or that being rhesus negative is hindering my chances of getting pregnant?

I hope there are at least a few of you out there who could help.

Hi hun. I'm A- and it's quite common. The jab you had is called anti d jab and is standard for any woman who is pregnant as your body builds up antibodies should you have a rhesus + baby so you would end up rejecting it. I also had a termination (followed by an anti d) and have had a baby since (I had 4 anti d jabs whilst pregnant and after birth). I've never heard of it not working before.

I've read all kinds of horror stories and am honestly close to tears! Thank you for your success story though, hopefully I will follow suit.

my friend mc'd @8/9 weeks and she is rhesus negative she didnt know at the time it was an unplanned pregnancy. she was given the anti d injection and fell pregnant fairly quick after and now has a healthy 3 year old boy. if you have a concern that the injection might not have worked even though everything might be fine maybe speak to someone to rule it out and at least that wont be on your mind! think positive it will happen for you :)

I haven't been to a doctor at all about TTC. In the new year if nothing has happened I'm going to go.

I've done a bit of research hun and I can't find any example of anti-d failing except if the doc has administered it at the wrong time (ie too late). Now with a termination it is fairly routine and if you were given one then that suggests it was at the correct time (ie they didn't phone you in a shit-panic saying COME BACK!! we need to jab you!!!) so it seems that they do not fail. Hope that helps. xxx

Im rhesus negative and i must admit i never gave this a thought. Ive never heard of it hindering chances so i think u wud be fine to be honest..if ur worried tho then might be worth speaking to doc x

Im also negative hun's iv had to children and also had anti-d after my MC too. Its noting to worry about if you have had the jab then its definatly not that stopping you getting preg. Also with bein neg you would know your preg before body would reject so i honestly would worry about it hun im A- xx xx

Thank you!!! I definately feel a lot better now. I was given the jab at my check up after the termination. The nurse seemed as nervous as I was and the injection bloody hurt lol.

My chart has been doing weird things!! I had a 2 day dip at 4&5dpo, so I assumed the worse and that they wouldn't go back up again :( but they shot up today to the highest they've ever been!! I have since heard a few people mention it was an estrogen surge. So FX it was and now my temps will stay nice and high :)

I know it's early but what do you guys think

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2af4d4

Thank you again for all your PMA!

hey im rhesus negative too, and i think iv read that if u naturally miscarry very early you dont need the injection i mean as in 4-5weeks. i may be wrong but i swear iv read that, i think once your a bit furhter you need the injection. i had to have the injection when my daughter was stillborn and i remember panicking because they did it the next day instead of that day. so you would know you were pregnant before your miscarried so would be one step ahead!
think iv just confused myself so i hope you get what i mean xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"