Rhydian?

MariposaTam

Reaction score
So OH and I heard this name on a show for the first time, and we both found it kind of cool. I did some research and saw lots of mixed reviews on it, more negative than positive-then I asked my parents and a co worker and got weird looks and comments. Not pregnant or trying but just curious, I like looking for names and have a list of potential ones for the future LO. What do you all think?

makes me think of the opera singer guy off britains got talent (or was it x factor lol)

He was on X factor.
personally the x factor was the first time I had heard the name, but I do really like it.
I think as soon as you ask anyone what they think you invite feedback that might be not what you want to hear and after experienceing this too many times, by number four we have learnt not to ask and if we like the name, that is reason enough to have it!

It is a Welsh name ;) I am in the US and one of the people I talked to said they thought it sounded made up..which was a funny comment to me.

I was definitely looking for the feedback when I asked. We have 1 name we both love that we are pretty set on using and I don't share that one as freely, but like I said I like names and since this one isn't common around here I wanted to hear what everyone thought of it. I will be keeping it as an option I think...it has kind of a ring to it that I like...so we will see :D

thanks ladies!

I know, I'm Welsh :D I like most Welsh names that start with Rh, however non-Welsh speakers can't really pronounce it the way we do. I actually hate it when other people 'ruin' our names with wrong pronunciations :haha: but the way English speakers pronounce Rh names isn't that horrible really :haha:

I totally understand... Posted a little bit ago about the name Aurora...I love it in any language except English lol. It is my grandmother's name and we want to use it, but I've had serious reservations because of pronunciation. It just sounds so growly in American English.
I think we are keeping Rhydian on the list of potentials, I still think it's cool despite references to medications( someone said it sounded like Ritalin :rolleyes: ) and complaints about it sounding made up. Told the parents and to them it sounded like the word Radiant. Lol.

I love it, it was on my boy list! Along with Rowan which apparently has the same roots/meaning :D

Thanks for the support, I love coming on here and seeing more positive comments. I think I will definitely consider it as a future LO name, provided it doesn't get too popularlall of a sudden ;) :)

Welsh name, yay :)

It was on our shortlist for our son. (Ended up calling him Ieuan though)

I don't like names that will constantly be mis-pronounced, personally (bc my name is always said wrong... gets annoying).

Otherwise I kind of like Rhydian - but I read it as "Rye-dee-an." Online I just looked & it said "Read-ee-an." I wouldn't really like "Reed" as a nickname. :nope:

How about Ryder or Rhys?

Its actually more like Rid-ee-an, but I entirely see your point, Ruby. My name is always spelled wrong and mispronounced, and I have hated it my whole life for that reason. I actually have to admit that if I saw the name Rhydian on paper I would probably pronounce it as you did with the Y sound. I just happen to really like how it flows now that I know how to pronounce it lol. Hmm. Definitely something to think about.

As for options, we do like a few other R names, just none really stand out like Rhydian did.

I've only heard the name once before but I really like it :)

Not keen and again the first thought is the guy off the show here!

Looked up the X Factor guy this weekend, great voice! I'm in the US, so I am sure that isn't a connection anyone will make. I appreciate all the opinions though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->