Rhys Alexander is here!!!!!!!! 19/08/11..due day baby!!

mothercabbage

mum to 3..:)
Reaction score
Finally getting round to writing it all down so I can share it with you..:happydance:
So…. On Thursday(18th Aug) morning (early hours) pains started…irregular but kind of painful, but totally manageable…didn’t think it was “real” labour so got out of bed,took painkillers and tried to go back to sleep…..:nope: wasn’t happening pains hurt more whilst I was lying down so I got up. Tried to carry on as normal thinking if this wasn’t IT I had my sweep booked for Friday morning:yipee:..as the day went on the pains increased in intensity but were still irregular, id been loosing plug all morning but towards the afternoon/evening it turned to bloody show:happydance: that’s when I realised…ok…here we go..baby is coming!!:argh:…I laboured throughout the day still waiting for the pains to become regular but they were 3,7,20,10 mins apart most of the day…around dinner time(5pm) I decided to get a bath and try to sleep…managed an hour or so but now pains were regular 10 mins :yipee: at last progress!..it came to 930pm and decided to go to bed, couldn’t sleep for the pain and excitement..finally decided enough was enough at 12am(ish) pains wew 6-7 mins apart, I got the spare duvet on the sofa and timed contractions,id let OH stay in bed, he is a grumpy twat:haha: when he has had no sleep and I knew it may be a long night!
But at 2am the contractions really started to get me…I had to groan through them…so I thought its time to get my friend round to watch DS and time to wake OH and set off for hospital (around 3am)..yey..drugs here I come!!:rofl::rofl:

Arrived at hospital and got booked in and checked at 355am…3cm!!:growlmad: WTF!! Gutted..all that pain for 3 lousy centimetres!…I asked for a birthing ball and MW said "ill leave you to it and come back in a couple of hours to see how your getting on"…off she went..I got my ass on the ball and wiggled and bounced…pains hurt a lot!!…within half hour I was “swearing”…so I shouted at OH to get her back…checked….6cm!:happydance: now were getting somewhere:thumbup:…another 3cm in half an hour!!!..I started on the gas and air..great stuff!:thumbup: actually laughed through my first contraction on it!..:haha:MW called the anaesthetist for my epidural :thumbup:
Tried to get through the contractions,kept saying out loud “I can do this,I am doing this” don’t know why..but it seemed to help :shrug:
Got my epidural (forget the time,I was a bit out of it on gas and air:haha: )..5-6 attempts it took and it hardly worked!:growlmad::growlmad:..MW checked me again at 745am...FULLY DILATED!!!!!!:yipee::yipee: she said to let the epidural wear off for an hour before pushing or I wouldn’t “feel” where to push.So I breathed through the next hour clock watching at every pain…845am came,im nervous now as my legs and tummy are totally numb….the epidural had started working great…now it was time to push!!!!!!!!!:dohh:..I give it my all pushing, but I couldnt feel anything,:nope: a horrible and weird feeling, I cry that im not doing it right and baby is stuck!:cry: The MW assures me baby IS moving down and I AM pushing great!…she calls in the head MW she checks babys position…(the wrong one:dohh: )baby doesn’t like his head been pulled and poked about with, and his heart rate drops, I stare at the monitor and see NO numbers next to the little heart symbol…:argh::argh:..ok now I go hysterical and they throw me onto my left side, I cry and sob into OH,he later tells me he didn’t know what was going on when the room filled with people…when I roll back onto my back the room is full of people but the thing I notice first is the baby resuscitator unit with 2 baby doctors waiting for my baby…:cry: omg…panic!!!!!!!!with that a man comes in wearing scrubs,(turns out he is Keith the newly appointed registrar:thumbup:we discussed this whilst he stitched me up afterwards :rofl: )…he puts my legs in styrrups and covers me with sterile covers..he then attatches the kiwi vontouse to babys head and says PUSH!!!…2-3 pushes later and here is my boy, screaming the place down…:happydance::yipee:..the MW waves the baby docs and the resuscitator away:happydance:..he is perfect.:cloud9:.the registrar that delivered him said he only had to rotate babys head and that I did all the work…Rhys came into the world screaming and wiggling on my chest, he weighed a healthy 8lb 7oz of perfection at 1004am on DUE DAY!!!! Here are a few pics of my new boy!! :awww:

Attachments

• P8190001.jpg
    P8190001.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P8190005.jpg
    P8190005.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 48
  • camera 042.jpg
    camera 042.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 45
Awww, i love your story MC, made me tear up :cry: Must have been really scary but i'm glad it all turned out perfect. You did a great job hunni and Rhys is just sooo handsome! Love ya both xxxx :hugs:

Awww, i love your story MC, made me tear up :cry: Must have been really scary but i'm glad it all turned out perfect. You did a great job hunni and Rhys is just sooo handsome! Love ya both xxxx :hugs:

thanx :flower: all VERY worth it, look forward to yours!!! :happydance: xxxxxxxxxx love ya too xxxxxxxxxx

aw that story was lovely hun well done hes lovely x x x

Sooooooooooooooooo proud of you sweetie :happydance: Rhys is gorgeous :hugs:

MC, i'm also sooo proud of you sweetie! how terrifying with losing the heartbeat and all! you are strong and beautiful and little Rhys is absolutely gorgeous!!! i'm so happy for you sweetie!! :kiss::hugs:

Congratulations! I agree, gas and air is amazing! My first puff on it gave me a good laugh as well! X

Must have been really scarey hunny, but you did fab, Rhys is wonderful xx

thanx girls!!! :hugs: to all of you...makes me emotional reading how your all proud of me...:cry::happydance: means alot!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Yay!!! Congrats!!! He's a cutie! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Huge congratulations! He is beautiful :cloud9::cry: :hugs:
So so happy for you!

xxxxx

Huge congratulations! Gorgeous pictures! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member