Rhys arrived on Feb. 18th

karmah

Reaction score
My beautiful baby boy arrived Feb. 18th @ 9:35 am via c-section. I had been in the hospital for a week prior to his birth due to high bp. I knew it would be a c-section since he was so large and breech. He weighed 10 pounds, 7 ounces when he was born and was 20 inches long/tall. I would also like to add that my juicy little guy was two weeks early!

It was a long pregnancy (complications, high bp, spd, stress and some more stress) but I was so happy to hold my big baby boy! <3 We were discharged on the 21st but after some complications on that weekend. I ended up with fluid in my lungs and had to go through this awful treatment that I cannot recall the name (you urinate like there is no tomorrow). That day we were discharged I ended up back in the hosptial that night and they admitted me for a week. I had preeclampsia, was quite swollen, with headaches, shortness of breath and rapid heartbeat. I had to undergo this horrible treatment (magnesium sulfate) and my baby had to spend his first week at home without me. :( Thank god my mom was visiting us, I would have been in worse shape if someone else had to take care of him.

More details there but to summarize I was finally home with him when he was one week old. It's been a slow recovery and we nap a lot. I am in the middle of his first growth spurt and my son is attached to my boob! lol. I am seriously wondering why I even bother putting a top on! Anyways, I am over the moon in love with my son and am trying to remain optimistic things will get better. Here is his picture...my love, my heart, my new reason for being. <3

Attachments

• rhys & mojo jo jo.jpg
    rhys & mojo jo jo.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 19
  • juicy rhys.jpg
    juicy rhys.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 15
awwww he is beautiful, and what a health weight!! sorry you ended up back in hospital! was it furosemide you had through a drip? im a nurse and we give that to patients sometime with same condition!! makes you pee for britain lol, does the job though .xx

Wow - what a gorgeous boy! Cant imagine how big he would be after another two weeks! Well done hun! Love his Paul Frank suit by the way xx

ljo, it started with an L, laysax? someting like that and it was horrible! first time i ever wished for a catheter! almost didn't make it to the washroom a few times! lol

thanks ladies, he is a looker. looks just like his big brother only with less eyebrows and more cheeks.

He's so gorgeous! Congratulations hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Your son is proper gorgeous, loving those cheeks!

So sorry that you were unwell and had to spend a week without him, that must have been utterly horrendous.

Many congratulations :flower:

Hope you are feeling better soon :hugs:

Congratualtions , he's a little stunner xx

Ahh he is lovely.
What a cute way to describe him....juicy, hehehe.
Gad you are both ok and you have recovered x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->