Rib pain after EC and ET

Wannabemom15

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I had an egg retrieval on Wednesday the 22nd of April. They retrieved 18 eggs, 17 mature and 10 were fertilized via ICSI. I was in quite a bit of pain the few days after. The bloating was uncomfortable and my pelvis AND abdomen were sore, which makes sense considering what I went through. I never gained any weight or had any other major symptoms of OHSS. My biggest complaint and cause of pain was the pain in my shoulder and right under my ribs, just on my right side. At first, it would only hurt to take really deep breaths, but it slowly increased to hurting constantly and especially when I would breath in. I slept propped up in a recliner for two nights with a heating pad on my stomach and ribs. I was told this was Pheratic nerve pain from the pelvis and diaphragm being irritated during egg retrieval. By day 4 after the retrieval, I felt back to normal. However, when I woke up yesterday (transfer day!), the pain was back slightly, again, only when I would breathe deep. An US was done before my transfer and only showed an enlarged left ovary with and few cyst, which was nothing concerning to them and one grade 4BB hatching egg was transferred into me. I went home and rested do the rest of the day and night and it didn't seem to be getting any worse, not not really any better. I took a nap and woke up in a little more pain, and it escalated from there, eventually returning to the constant pain and harsh pain when I would breath in. I decided to sleep in a recliner again tonight and use a heating pad. After about 10 minutes of it being on my stomach, I realized that was a really dumb idea, since there is an embryo now in there, which is too bad because it was helping the pain. I moved the pad to by back and right chest/rib area and slept horribly. I am supposed to go back to work today, and I'm on my feet all day, working with infants. I really don't know what to do, or whether to be concerned about this. Any advice would really help! Sorry this is so long!

Could be infection. If ur doc wont figure it out maybe go to er. Feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->