Rickil Lake on ABC: Getting PG at 40 Today @3 EST

AngelNoelle

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I just saw that today on Ricki Lake her show will be about getting pg at 40 and other baby goodiness! I set my DVR! The station is ABC and it will be airing at 3pm eastern standard time. If you miss it you may be able to catch it on ABCs website later this evening. :happydance:

Hopefully it will be a good show with lots of helpful and useful info!

I live in Georgia and have Direct tv. It's on channel 69@ 5pm here.

Shoot, I won't be able to get home in time to see it. I hope you ladies update the rest of us after you see it!

My big take away was to not wait to have the basic testing done. Also, one of the women had chromosomal issue that she could have found early on had she had genetic testing. Instead she tried for eight years before she found out. The other thing is to find a Dr you feel comfortable with. Don't settle and allow a Dr to make you feel that your age defines your chances.

Thanks Atlmommy. Sounds like it was an inspiring show. I used to love Rikki Lake when I was in college. I'm happy to see I'm still her target audience, lol.

Hopefully will post now.

The 46yo mom, think her nam is Paige, had been trying to get pRegnant for 8/9 years and spent over $100k. She was pregnant 4 times but would lose baby around 9 weeks. In her distress she meditated and did a internet search which resulted in her finding the " right " fertility doctor. Then she was at her obgyn and saw the brochure for the doctor she found in her online search. he asked her if she had genetic blood test. She discovered she was missing a chromosomes which was reason for her infertility. The test is covered by insurance and could have been discovered years earlier. I believe she had an egg donor with a 30% chance of getting pregnant.

The 47yo is single mom to a little boy. She is an ivf mom with egg donor.

41yo or 43yo had ivf with 3 eggs implanted and all 3 stuck.

The other over 40 moms interviewed in audience were a 41yo blogger of carriage before Marriage. She has an 18mo with fiance who she met when she was 39yo. The next was a 41yo mom who was a widow with 2 kids. She found love again and her 29yo fiance saw her relationship with her kids and wanted their own baby. The other mom who was married to her husband of 20+ years decided one last hoorah and has a 10month old. They already have a 20yo daughter. She looked great too!

They also discussed FSH #s and how some women have high #s but still get pregnant successfully.

Paige also referred fertilityline? May have to Web search since I can't post links yet.

Rest of show was speaking with Ricki 's friend and Obgyn who stressed that we do have timeclocks whether we want to admit it or not. Also that freezing eggs still being researched about long term efficiency. They spoke with the dads and talked about losing baby weight.

That's all I recall.

Okay here is linkhttps://therickilakeshow.com/episodes-clips/2012/9/Monday-Pregnant-and-40

Thanks so much hopefulindtwn. It sounds like it was a pretty good show. I'll be checking out for reruns.

Thankrisks much hopefulindtwn. It sounds like it was a pretty good show. I'll be checking out for reruns.

the doctor also had to warn about risks of pregnancy at our age: preeclampsia/toximian gestational diabetes and I think other one was either miscarriage or premature labor. That risks increase with multiples.

However, I was a 20yo pregnant and suffered really bad preeclampsia, high risk so once you have one birth that was high risk doctors will err on side of safety and considered any other pregnancies following to be high risk.

My thing is why is it now a expressed so much more dangerous when 40,50,60 years ago women were giving birth in their 40s and 50s w/o great complications? I mean my family has several family members who had 20 kids, none with Downs. Even my grandmother had 2 kids (my mom and uncle) when she was over 35. Both were normal and healthy. It's just weird that present society almost has greater health risks than the "old days".

IMO it's not any more dangerous for a 40+ year old woman to give birth if she is in good health. I gave birth for the first time at age 36 and the pregnancy was picture perfect even though the docs treated me like I was geriatric. Back then it seems just about all women gave birth right up to menopause. Maybe older women these days have health issues that develop over the years that can affect pregnancy. Things like diabetes and high blood pressure weren't as common back then.

Now fertility is another issue though. I do think that our lifestyles and the substances that we are exposed to on a daily basis in the modern era have reduced our fertility. Every focuses on older women, but in reality I read that the biggest increase in infertility is in the under 30 age group, the ones who should be at peak fertility.

Yes I agree the extra chemicals and foods and medications available now are causing or affecting fertility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->