Ridiculous. I don't feel pregnant...

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
I don't know what else I need to feel pregnant... I'm nauseous off and on throughout the day (was constant until about 9 weeks), I have super human smelling ability, I have so many food aversions, I'm bloated, my nipples are SO sore (still bf'ing). Seriously, I'm pregnant. But I just don't feel it.

I really need to start feeling movement, I think. Hopefully my doctor will use the doppler on Monday and it'll put my mind at ease.

Maybe it's because my toddler keeps me busy and I don't have time to think about it. :shrug:

Sorry for the ramble-y post. I'm moany today. :(

I rarely emotionally "feel" pregnant early on. I logically and physically feel it, but rarely feel it emotionally.

I have a lot of kids/step kids. I work. I mother. I am active in my church. I am rarely just resting, even when I really need to be. I just have a lot going on. So I generally don't "feel" pregnant until I'm really showing...around 5-6 months.

Its ok. I think for me, it is a coping mechanism. I have had several MCs so I think my brain has just shut that down for a while to allow me to get thru my busy days and keep me from getting so heavily attached. While we celebrate all of our children from conception, I don't get so heavily attached early on simply because loss is difficult.

Also, I think it is built in coping so that I can manage my days through morning sickness and sciatica. It is hard enough to worry about getting things done when I feel horrid without having the additional fear and concern associated with the "feels". Its not that I don't have those fears and concerns, its that I am not as emotional. I occasionally have moments of panic.

I don't feel pregnant either yet, when I did before at this stage. xx

i dont either
i think its just still too early
i think it will sink in more and more as time goes by
like my first scan and seeing/hearing the heartbeat
maybe morning sickness if i get it
when i tell family (just me and OH and some of my friends know)
especially when i start to show
when i have to buy maternity clothes
when i feel movement
when we find out the gender
taking maternity photos
getting the nursery set up
having a baby shower

everything will make it sink in just a little more

I've had two previous losses. One mmc. I've already passed the day I started bleeding from both mc's and we've seen baby and heard the heart beat from an earlier scan. I'm trying hard to stay positive.

I don't get another scan until the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks. There are no dating scans in Canada. I only got an early one because of irregular af from bf'ing.

We decided to be positive and tell people already. Dh has even told students already! I think maybe I'm scared because the first time we told I mc'd shortly after. With my son we didn't even tell family until almost 18 weeks.

I'm going to try to be positive. Dh is positive things are going well.

I don't feel pregnant either and I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. I've had my 12 weeks scan (I'm 12+5) and this sounds terrible but I feel completely disconnected to this baby. I probably won't feel any kicks for a while as I have an anterior placenta and I wonder when this is going to feel real for me.

I think maybe because my baby was unplanned, I told OH under no circumstances do I want another baby - and my little boy is only 5 months old, he's answer was 'I've used the pull out technique loads of times and it always works :dohh: I was so in love with my other children from the very beginning and I really feel disappointed in myself that I just don't feel emotionally attached to this one yet :(

i still dont feel pregnant either.
Just feels like ive had constant stomach bug with my HG.

randomrach, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. :hugs: Hopefully things will turn around soon. I had an ap with my son and I felt movements from 17 weeks and consistent movements from 19 weeks. Hopefully you'll stay feeling baby soon.

MummytoAmber, I hope you start feeling better soon! I can't even imagine how you're feeling! :hugs:

I have my next doctor appt on Monday. Hopefully we will hear the heartbeat and that will be all I need.

I did feel pregnant before when i felt sick and stuff but now i'm starting to feel better which makes me worries and make me feel not pregnant its silly isnt it

I constantly feel like that. Always checking up on my symptoms. Being PAL is so hard.

I've had two previous losses. One mmc. I've already passed the day I started bleeding from both mc's and we've seen baby and heard the heart beat from an earlier scan. I'm trying hard to stay positive.

I don't get another scan until the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks. There are no dating scans in Canada. I only got an early one because of irregular af from bf'ing.

We decided to be positive and tell people already. Dh has even told students already! I think maybe I'm scared because the first time we told I mc'd shortly after. With my son we didn't even tell family until almost 18 weeks.

I'm going to try to be positive. Dh is positive things are going well.

I live in Alberta, CA and I am booked for my second routine ultrasound at the end of this month... I received a dating scan at 8 weeks... Maybe it's a regional thing as I see you are in Nfld.

Maybe. Health Canada only recommends the anatomy scan. My sister is in Ontario and got a 12 week scan and the anatomy scan. The 12 week one is optional, for nt measurements. My friend in Manitoba only got the 12 week and 20 week scans too. In NL they don't do nt measurements, or at least not routinely.

I dont feel pregnant either... I dont know if its because im running around all day with a 2 1/2 year old, or maybe that I know what to expect I dont know....plus, im just so hormonal and grumpy and sad this pregnancy! Urgh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->