Ridley Hooper - Born 26/04/09 :o)

MelanieSweets

Reaction score
Well I was 41weeks .... thoroughly overdue and fed up :( I had my sweep with the midwife on Tues 21st April, I really thought it would hurt but it didnt at the same time the midwife booked me in for an induction for Monday 27th April, I was really starting to think that I would have to wait until then to have my little bubba but my body had different ideas ...

I started losing what seemed like my bloody show on Thursday evening, hoorey progress! ... I kept losing it right through until Sat morning, this is when I started to feel a little niggly! a few of my friends thought I was going to have my baby on this day (Sat 25th) and I was so fed up I lost hope and said yeh right i dont think this baby is coming out !

I was getting lower backache a sort of dull acheing pain every hour or so but thought nothing of it, although felt a little nauscious too ...so i said to my man I am going to have a bath I feel a bit funny... off i went it was bliss, got out the bath was still getting lower back pains and at that point they started increasing and i thought well maybe I should start timing them, so i did they were beginning at 30mins apart by this time it was about 2pm ....pains were bearable and I was eating lunch watching shrek the third on tv hahaha !
Then they were going from being 25mins apart, too 17mins apart then back upto 25 mins then down again .... argh! this kept on for quite a while, so I rang the labour ward at 15 mins apart and explained the situation they told me to call back at 5mins apart, so contractions were getting stronger and closer and by 12am Sunday they were 5mins apart rang labour ward and they asked me to ring when 3-4mins apart arghhhh! so anyway went to hospital at 1am and was all quiet and lovely, its a MLU unit so only me in there, had the radio on in the room and birthing balls around me as the midwife examined me and my baby was back to back again couldnt bloody believe it so I had to try and turn him, as some of you may know i had managed to turn my baby from being back to back at 39 weeks so was gutted to hear this but explains why all the contractions were in my back, they started to become unbearable and they put a tens machine on ... then i took it off as I think they were making me worse, I was also sick twice so they put some peppermint on cotton wool to take this away, as the pains were so bad in my back I was on all fours on the bed and OH rubbed massage oils in my back .. my butt was right on show haha!

I kept feeling the need to poo so i went and sat on toilet it was so much more comfortable and for some reason i kept flitting between the delivery room and the toilet .. my OH thought i was mad I think and I thought i was going to give birth on the toilet haaa! all of a sudden i felt the urge to push and the midwife heard me and said ruok? and I said no i need to push so i came out lean't on bed *bum in the air* and OH rubbing my back and i started pushing no waters broke though ... but they were bulging, i could of quite happily kept pushing there and then, got offered gas and air and for some reason didnt take it ...they had to literally feed me water as i was so hot though, they tried to get me on the birthing stool, what the hell?? its so low down they wanted me to push the baby out on that no way!!! so anyway they got me on the bed and broke my waters! woohoo :happydance: I thought nearly there and all i kept doing was push push pushing ... and i could tell I was close to be honest i enjoyed the pushing part (i know i am mad) I think I pushed to much though as bubbas heart rate kept going low and they were concerned and were going to ring the main hospital for an ambulance, i dont think he knew what had hit him as all i wanted to do was push ! next minute his heart rate went up again so all good kept pushing and his head was out and i wanted to push again but they told me to pant ! argh ! i just wanted to push the rest of him out hehe xx and pop there he came .... little baby hooper born at 6.27am on 26th April the labour from being at the hospital took about 5 half hours but obviously I had been contracting most of the day.... they put him on me and he was the most gorgeous thing ever, so so beautiful it was instant love :cloud9: :cloud9: OH was almost in tears i think it took his breath away the whole experience (I am not suprised seen as he saw his head come out and all the goo!) ... then at 6.33 OH cut the cord :) ....

Unfortunatly I had a 3rd Degree internal tear it took fricking ages to stitch me up and i tell you what that hurt more than the pushing ! yuk !

But all the moaning and aching of pregnancy and all the pain during labour that I went through were completely worth it, he makes me so unbelieveably happy
Here's a few piccies of my little man :)

Attachments

• Baby Hooper 1.jpg
    Baby Hooper 1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 73
  • baby hooper 2.jpg
    baby hooper 2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 60
  • baby hooper 3.jpg
    baby hooper 3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 92
Congratulations hun he is totally gorgeous, a big well done to you! x~x~x

Congratulations!!! That first picture is precious x x

Congrats again babe on Ridley!! He is sooo cute...
Reading your birth story is scary... i found my place on the toilet as well... it was GREAT!!!! i didnt want to move from there... lol ..

awww he's lovely!! Congratulations :) xx

He's a gorgeous little guy, congrats!

Congrats hun! Wow - that first photo of your little man.....gawjus!!! It's haunting (in a good way, it's just so amazing!!!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->