Riley is here :) *3 weeks late sorry

Nicolle

Reaction score
Riley is finally here 2 weeks late. Induced. C-section.
BIRTH STORY -

I was due on the 22nd of February, but a week later and he was showing no signs of coming so the midwife said that she will try and give me a sweep, the sweep never worked as my cervix was too high up and wasnt very soft.
I was due to be induced the next sunday.
But on the Friday night at 10pm i noticed he wasnt moving much so i called up labour ward and they told me to come in and get him monitered so i did, the monitor showed up i was getting tightenings but i didnt feel them :o i was soo shocked. The midwife then said that she was not letting me go home and that they will induce me Saturday morning like a baby i was crying lol i thought id have Saturday to prepare for the Induction on Sunday lol.
So i rang my mum who drove to London from Kent to be with me the Saturday morning.
6.30am Saturday morning and they came and put me on the monitor for a while then the midwife came in for the first gel which i wasnt excited about as i thought it would hurt and i didnt think the first gel would work but to my suprise it didnt hurt and at 11am i started my contractions, hours later they checked me and i was 4cm and i recieved some pethadine lol then they moved me to Labour ward when i was there the contractions was getting more intence and i was getting this pushing feeling at EVERY contraction i couldnt handle it so i asked for an epidural, the anethatist *Sorry about the spelling* came in and i couldnt keep still as the pushing pain was too much. So the midwife checked me again and i went from 4cm to 8cm in an hour so they didnt give me the epidural so i thought i would be having him soon. Hoursss went past and i wasnt progressing so i had an epidural, which never done any good as it only took away the contractions not the pushing feeling which was hurting more than the contractions themself, it got to near 1am and a Doctor came down saying that the babys getting stressed and something else it was all just a blurr i couldnt remember much. The doctor said to me shes going to have to bring me to theatre for an emergency c section at this point i couldnt care less how he got out just that the pushing feeling would stop! They wheeled me in, my mum was with me.
When i was in theatre they had to top up the epidural about 4 times as i was still feeling the pricking on my tummy. Finally the feeling went and they got going it was so weird them tugging him out, but when they did i said his here :D and heard him cry :D my mum held him and showed me him as they said they needed to get to the recovery room and clean him up and weigh him and that it will only take 20-30mins to stitch me up.
20 - 30mins went by and i was still there i was thinking what was taking so long, i started to feel dizzy and hot and i asked the anethatist who was by my head to fan me he could see my blood pressure wasnt right, so he gave me Oxygen i didnt know what was going on but i knew something was wrong.
After they finished they moved me onto the other bed and wheeled me into the recovery room they said id lost a little bit of blood, so i wasnt too bothered :) i was just happy my boy came out healthy and a lovely big size! 4.454kl which is about 9pnd 8 or 11oz.
Then they put these LOVELY tights on me lool and took me back to the labour ward it was only till a midwife came in and kindly! let me know that it was more serious then i thought id lost 2 and a half litres of blood and they had to *SAVE ME* those were her words id had a major obstetric hemmorriage and i have to have a blood transfusion i was so shocked but wasnt to bothered at the time as i was too drugged up and was too busy staring at Riley :)

After 5 days in hospital and a lot of recovering we are both healthy and recovered i will post some pictures tonight lol this birth story is long but rushed as Riley keeps me VERY busy :) lool

awww huge congrats hun. sorry u had such a rubbish experience but there totally worth it :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->