Riley Nicole has arrived

PurpleIvy44

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hey all just wanted to share Riley's arrival. So I went to Dr. on Wed and was still 3 cm 70% effaced. Had my induction scheduled for next Tues since things get busy before a holiday.

Thursday morning I woke up at 4:00 and went pee and saw my bloody show then started having contractions on and off 14 mins apart. We got my daughter off to daycare and went back home to get the car packed and ready to go. I called the doctors office b/c I'm GBS+ and wasn't sure I needed to go in earlier to start the antibiotic. At that point I was having them about 10 mins apart but not exactly consistent. They said to go into the office to get a labor check and I was now 6cm dilated and she sent me to labor and delivery at the hospital. Got there around 11:30 and then nothing. I only went to 7cm and stopped. I did get my 2 rounds of antibiotics which made me very happy and around 4:00 I was having much stronger contractions and was 7-8 cm. 5:00 I asked for an epidural and at 6:00 the Dr. can in to break my water. I was good for about 40 mins and then started feeling the contractions all over again. They checked me at 6:45 and I was 10 cm so I started to push. Her head crowned immediately and on my 3rd round of pushing she got her shoulder stuck. The nurse jumped on me and started to push hard on my belly and they laid me all the way back and I had to push with all my might. They got her out in a total of 10 mins but those last few were really scary. She didn't cry right away and the nurses took her away to check her. They were concerned that her clavicle was damaged but she was fine and after some rubbing she started to cry. Her face was also pretty bruised but it will fade over time.

So Riley Nicole was born at 7:03pm on 11/12 weighing 9lbs. 8 ounces. She has a full head of black hair and is so adorable.

Congratulations!!! Sorry to hear about your scary birth, I know how scary it is when they are stuck :( glad she is all ok though Hun xx

That sounds terrifying. Glad all is good! Congratulations!

Congratulations! That does sound scary, glad she is doing well

Congratulations! Scary but I'm glad everything turned out okay :)

That sounds terrifying but so glad all is well! Congrats on your baby girl!

Thanks so much ladies. Riley is doing wonderfully and it feels amazing to have her with us now. I'm happy to not have to pee every 30 minutes and now be able to sleep on my back or belly. Being pregnant is lovely but after a certain point I am glad it's over and she's here. Here is her 1 week old picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20151119_142006_602.jpg
    IMG_20151119_142006_602.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann