Riley's happy arrival :)

BabyRaff

Proud mummy to Riley
Reaction score
So, this has been a long time coming :)
Riley Michael Stewart was born on the 27th june at 8:28am weighing 7lb 4oz.

I started getting contractions at 6:40 on sunday the 26th june, they we're slow going, but getting stronger none the less.
By 12 I rang the labour ward to ask what I should do, they told me to stay home, drink water and walk... my family on the other hand told me to go in and get them to check you anyway, just incase.
So I went in and according to the midwife there I wasn't having contractions and I wasn't even close to being in labour .... she didn't bother seeing if was dilated or doing a sweep, even though I was 40+4 that day.
So I went home disappointed, OH bought me KFC to cheer me up and we chilled out for the day. At about 9pm we put on a film and thats when they decided to get stronger, so we waited an hour, until they were 5 mins apart and lasting 1 min ... which is what we we're told at antenatal class ... at 9:45 we got there and so into the car we went and round to the hospital. When I got there the midwife I was assigned to was really nice, she checked to see if I was dilated and I was 2cm and then she told me to walk around and drink water, she didn't want to see my back in my room until she thought I needed to be.
So off I went, cup of water in hand I walked around the hospital car park on the hotest day recorded, in labour. during my long night of walking, I texted my mum to ask if she would mind nipping to my house and getting me my granny pant which I forgot to pack. 20 mintues later my mum, my nan, my brother and his girlfriend turn up with granny pants, a flask of coffee and sandwiches ... apparently they were going to stay on the labour ward until Riley was born :dohh: needless to say the midwife told them they need to get lost in the nicest way possible.
So after about 30 cups of water and 100 laps around the car park the midwife says to me 'those contractions are sounding different, come into your room so I can check you' She checked me and I was only 4cm :cry: ... but the upside was I got gas and air ... I cannot recommend this enough, it's fantastic :) and it defo takes the edge away until your actually giving birth lol
So I now stayed in my room, gas and air in one hand and OH holding the other.
Nothing really happened then until about 6am, when the mw checked me again and I was 8cm... so, she decided to break my waters and then everyuthing went from there really, I was quickly contractingand by 7:30 am on monday 27th I was getting into the swing of it but then the sift changed and I got a new midwife and a student.
They pretty much left me alone until OH said she needs to push to which they responded you can't stop it ... how on earth are you meant to stop something your not actually doing!!! :dohh: bu 20 mins later Riley was born :) and I would do it all over again for another one :)

So overall, I had 2 paracetamol, 1 codeine and gas&air, i was in labour for 26 hours ... although the midwives say I was only officially in labour for 6 hours and I only had a really tiny tear which wasn't even really a tear lol

https://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww190/FreshHope_photos/comments/MJZ311.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"