Ringworm?

Lynzeigh

Mother to 1 Son
Reaction score
Hi everybody, just wanted to ask your opinion about a small rash my son has, he is 3 months old, I enclose a photo.

If you susected ringworm would you say it is a good idea for mne to make an emergency appointment for the GP today, because it is friday today and they will definitely be fully booked.

Is suspected ringworm enough to warrant an emergency appointment or am I over-reacting and should just make a normal appointment?

My son is fine apart from this rash, not sure if I should still get it seen to today rather than some time next week.

Ok photo not able to post right now forum acting up :( But I strongly suspect ringworm will post pic later

Hi hun... Jessica had ringworm on her cheek. It was pretty small so just took her to the pharmacy. They agreed with our suspicion and sold us some anti-fungal cream (cheaper than UK prescription fee I might add). The cream is actually the same as canistan (thrush cream). It cleared up within a week.

I would take your boy to the pharmacy first.. you may well find one that is open on a Sunday. If they say to take him for an emergency appointment then do it. If it is ringworm then they can sort it for you no problem.

Good luck hun.

I would also go to the pharmacy first - If what they give you doesn't clear in a few days then I would go to the GP

Thanks for your replies ladies, it did turn out to be ring worm, I ended up seeing the doctor, she gave me Daktarin cream on prescription to use for it, it has almost cleared up now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->