Rio?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
so we are having a boy!!! :blue:
totally shocked as instinct told me we were team pink!
we only have a girl name :(

no matter how hard we try me and OH can not find a boys name we like and im scared my poor son will have no name!

one name we do agree on is Rio...
id like honest opinions on this please, no holding back as we are so unsure!
OH absolutely loves brazil and has done since he was a child, so Rio is connected to him in that way. it also means river in spanish/portuguese and as a child i spent most of my school holidays etc in portugal, so there is where it would connect to me.

however..
1. does it instantly make you think of Rio Ferdinand?
2. i think its just too short!

our sons last name will be Williamson..
so pretty long for such a short name huh?

does anyone have any suggestions on maybe a middle name that would go, or any other boys names completely :haha:

I really like Rio. I have mentioned it to DH before now as an option for us too. It doesnt make me think of Rio ferdinand, besides when he is older his peers wont of even heard of Rio Ferdinand.

I like it! I agree with PP though and prefer the spelling Rheo.

i think its fine :)

a medium sized middle name would break up the gap between first and surname, what would the middle name be?

maybe something like:

Rio James Williamson

Aw I know two Rios and think its a nice name :) I think both of their middle names are Daniel coincidentally and one is Rio and the other is Reo xx

I dunno...when i think of Rio I think of one of those big African parrots that talk too much. I do like the spelling Rheo tho.

wow just come across this again :)
we went for Rio.. our 8 month old was born 'Rio Daniel' x

I think Im in the minority i prefer the spelling Rio. you just can't mispronounce that . however for me I'm not keen on the name not because its a bad name but Iv known too many pets with that name. Horses & dogs to name a few. I Wouldnt let them short name long surname bother you how often do people actually say your full name? it's only on paper. my DD2 has a short name and middle name then a long surname i quite like it xx

My nephew is called Rio and it works really well, it's a smart name.

It does make me think of Rio Ferdinand, but that's because I love him so much! :haha:
I like the name. I prefer the spelling Rio because that means river, also Rheo would be a completely different name anyway, I wouldn't even pronounce them the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->