Risk factors

TTC#1Amanda

6MC, 1 progesterone baby
Reaction score
I was trying to find on the internet some information due to one functioning kidney and pregnancy risks, i know you can get pregg with one kidney but was more interested in when pregg and when giving birth what the risks are?

I have only one left functioning kidney due to when i was a child has numerous kidney infections and ruined kidney...

if anyone knows??

I dont know for sure but, i think you may have to alter your diet so your kiney has less crap (thats the only word i could think of) to clean out of the blood as you have more blood in your body when pregnant.

Could you not see your GP and ask?

heyy...I have only 1 and 1/4 functioning kidney and am now 27 weeks pregnant. I have had no trouble as of yet...*touch wood* They did put me under shared care...a consultant and a midwife at the beginning of my pregnancy and moniter my blood pressure closely, have had to get it checked every 3 weeks throughout pregnancy as BP is linked to kidney infections and struggling kidneys. They also ask me to send off monthly wee samples, one in a red topped bottle with powder in and one in a white topped bottle with no powder (sorry I have no idea what the powder is for or what it is called). I have however only seen the consultant once where he just basically asked me questions regarding wether or not I have had any backache that I think is related to kidneys etc. Basically they are just monitering it in the hope if my kidney starts to struggle they will catch it straight away...as for labour they haven't mentioned anything to me about my kidneys affecting it but that could be yet to come I guess.
Sorry if this has been no help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->