Robbing sibling

SweetChilli90

Reaction score
Bit of background info, my brothers just turned 20 and has a history of stealing off family members, money, cameras, ipods, jewellery from the home. I refused to talk to him for 2 years because of having items stolen from myself, my sister and mother. He's also not a nice person and we haven't gotten on for a number of yeaes

My mum does nothing about it as 'she doesn't want to upset him' :growlmad: he's not allowed in my sisters house on his own and he's plain not allowed at my dads after stealing from our step mum (she refuses to let him in her house).

My brother is currently living with my grandparents at the moment after not getting along with the people he used to live with.

After having my little girl I felt as though she had a right to know who her uncle was so I began acknowledging him when he was in the room allowing him to hold her and play with her so he didn't feel left out.

My mum has been between houses for a few months so had been living with my sister. When my mum moved she let my brother stay in her house during the day to let work men in the house to do jobs.

She recently found items from her house had gone missing; a kindle and case she got off my older brother and my niece and nephew (they're 3 and chose it themselves, they were so excited to give it her!), her jewellery (all gold and a pandora bracelet he bought her himself), a chain she'd bought him but never gave him, her digital camera (it had the sd card in from when Isabel was born so she's lost all them first pictures and ones of all her grand kids), old phones, dvds. My sister has also found that 2 of her ipods have gone and her digital camera, turns out my mum had been letting him go into the house when she wasn't in. I've been to visit my grandma today and went to get a tv and some of mine and OH's dvd's we'd left in her attic whilst we moved house, they're missing.

Would you report it? My mum and sister won't but i've had enough, he's gotten away with it for too long and he's stole nearly £2,000 worth of stuff. He has no job and lives off job seekers at the moment, my grandparents give him money and don't charge him rent, he openly admits to using drugs and the weekend after my mum and sister found all the stuff missing he was bragging about going out getting drunk.

Sorry it's long, I just want to know if any one's gone through anything similar and what they did. Thanks if you managed to get so far!

yes, sounds like he needs help like he has an addiction :shrug: its not exactly small things that wont go unnoticed that hes stealing.

I'd be pissed.. I'd definitely report him! I don't see how your mom and sister can handle that.. I wouldn't allow him anywhere near me or my family.. starts with stealing, ends with???

I'd definitely report him. He's just taking the piss!

I'd report him and can't understand how your mum isn't - especially with losing the photos of her grandkids that are irreplaceable xxx

i'd report him. enabling him isnt going to help him in the long run- and that's what your mum is doing. maybe it'll be the shock he needs to seek help for his addictions? and if not- maybe he'll get some court-ordered help.
x

i'd report him. enabling him isnt going to help him in the long run- and that's what your mum is doing. maybe it'll be the shock he needs to seek help for his addictions? and if not- maybe he'll get some court-ordered help.
x

Exactly this.

He will continue to take advantage of people who allow it to happen :flow:

disgusting. he's going to keep going until someone does something!!!

x

^^ this!! By not doing anything your family is basically telling him its ok to take whattever he fancies!!

Thieving little git!!!

Would I report him.....YES I would.

V xx

Thanks ladies, glad i've got people who agree with me!

Does anyone know how I would go about it? We live in different counties so would I have to ring the local police there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->