Rock the Frock - New Year's Day Challenge (continued in Dieting Journals)

August3

Mum of 2
Reaction score
So there are 114 days - just over 16 weeks until New Year's Day and I am going to rock a little party frock on New Year's Eve!!!!! This will be my accountability thread and I will post the good, the bad and the ugly everyday.

The Stats:

Age - 37
BnB Status - Mama to a darling girl & TTC #2
Starting Weight 80kgs or 176lbs
Around Navel - 41 inches or 104cms
Ultimate Goal Weight 57 kgs or 126lbs

The New Year Goals:
  • lose 9 kilos or a stone and a half
  • lose at least 3 inches from around my navel

Mini Milestones Along the Way
176lbs or 12st 8ozs 08/09/14 starting weight
168lbs or 12 stones 22/09/14 :thumbup:

into the 11's!! :thumbup:23/09/14
161lbs /11st 7lbs[/COLOR] 25/10/14
154lbs /11 stones 30/11/14

It's the end of November and I have reached the goals I had set for January 1st 2015 :yippee:
and I am now continuing with my weight loss journey in the Dieting Journals section.

The Good
Exercise 25 min walk, Darcy Bussell Pilates DVD Main Programme & Davina Body Buff Warm UP & Cardio
Fruit & Veg - apple, plum, 1/2 banana, broccoli, salad

The Bad
1200kcal but some poor choices - 3 cinnamon and raisin bagels equaling 696 kcals

The Ugly
Mortified by my fat slapping together when doing the cardio - thank goodness I was doing a DVD workout in the privacy of my sitting-room :blush:

Tomorrow is a new day!
less carbs, more protein

The Good
Exercise 45 min walk
Fruit & Veg - apple, plum, green beans, salad
Protein - eggs, salmon

The Bad
maybe 1500kcal - dinner in a restaurant so can't be sure.
Not enough water

The Ugly
No cardio or pilates today.

Tomorrow is a new day!
Exercise a priority

The Good
Exercise pilates DVD and cardio DVD, 20 minute walk
Fruit & Veg - plum, apple, grapes, half banana, blueberries
Protein - egg, beans, cheese

The Bad
No veggies

The Ugly
My bingo wings - must get me some weights

Tomorrow is a new day!
Going to give calorie cycling a go so will try to create an 800/1000/1200/1400 kcal plan

good luck i started at 180lbs am now 173.6 but am aiming for around to get to 147lb for now just taking each day as it comes had a bad couple of weeks due to holiday and a visit from AF but trying to get back on the wagon.love the slogan rock the frock too x

Hi Marina,

thanks for your good wishes and well done on your weight loss so far. I hear you about getting back on the wagon. I have bad days too especially the evenings when I seem to get the munchies which is my downfall.

Are you following any particular diet?

The Good
Exercise - pilates DVD and cardio DVD, 30 minute walk
Fruit & Veg - plum, apple, grapes, banana, cauliflower, turnip, carrot, parsnip
Protein - quorn, cheese

The Bad
Didn't eat breakfast today

The Ugly
Hate my stretch marks and flabby tum. Thank goodness for Spanx!

Tomorrow is a new day!
drink more water in the morning and early afternoon

Hi Marina,

thanks for your good wishes and well done on your weight loss so far. I hear you about getting back on the wagon. I have bad days too especially the evenings when I seem to get the munchies which is my downfall.

Are you following any particular diet?

hiya no im just using myfitnesspal to count calories and make more sensible choices with food also if i have enough calories leftover i will have a chocolate or glass of wine-as when i try to cut it all out thats when i tend to binge. a typical day is granola with semi skimmed milk lunch is usually salad or soup or eggs and dinner is just a smaller portion of whatever we eat as a family-snacks tend to be hummus or crisps that are no more than 100cal or a yogurt treats if i have enough calories are small glass of wine or 2 finger kitkat or 5 chewy sweets if i have a sugery craving. this seeems to be helping so far:thumbup:

Marina, your plan sounds great. I am not good at tracking (as proven by past failed diet attempts :blush:) so this time I intend to go day by day, trying to stay within a calorie allowance for that day. I am going to eat what I feel like but stick to the calorie allowance.

I have already given up chocolate, sweets, ice cream, cakes, biscuits and crisps since the beginning of June. It was soooo tough at the beginning but now I think I might be able to stay off them for good.

Gonna try to get the exercise in now while baba naps.....fingers crossed she sleeps till I'm done!

Thanks for popping in; it really is great motivation for me.:thumbup:

The Good
Exercise - pilates DVD, cardio DVD, and 60 minute walk
Fruit & Veg - plum, apple, grapes, 1/2 banana, asparagus, carrot
Protein - roast beef, mince

The Bad
Again didn't get time for breakfast today

The Ugly
subjected my poor baba to watching me do the last 10 minutes of my cardio dvd when she woke from her nap before I was finished. Red faced, dripping sweat and out of puff...must've been scary for the poor child!:haha:

Tomorrow is a new day!
am travelling all day tomorrow, need to try to make good choices

The Good
Just 2 meals roughly 1400kcal
Fruit & Veg - plum, apple, peas
Protein - fish

The Bad
No exercise but travelling all day.

The Ugly
Hated seeing myself in mirrors as we were moving through the airport today

Tomorrow is a new day!
up the water.....back to exercise

The Good

Darcy Bussell Pilates DVD Main Programme
Fruit & Veg - kiwi, 1/2 banana, cabbage, green beans, mandarin, grapes
Protein - smoked salmon, eggs

The Bad
Got some rhubarb jam; probably will be a disaster - love it on toast so easy to overeat

The Ugly
Not enough water - find it harder to drink when on the go

Tomorrow is a new day!
3l water & cardio!!

The Good
Darcy Bussell Pilates DVD Main Programme & Davina Body Buff Warm UP & Cardio
Fruit & Veg - mandarin, peas,
Protein - peas, cod

The Bad
3 pieces of toast & jam already

The Ugly
lumpy thighs

Tomorrow is a new day!
less bread!

Hi august I'd love to be your buddy :). Congrats on your progress so far. I've had days where bad choices were made but I managed to pull myself together and still lose weight that week.

I've been watching what I eat and walking everywhere I can for 6 weeks now. I started at 110.2kg as of today I weigh 103.5kg.

6.7kg down and I'm stoked!!!

I want to lose at least another 13.3kg by Christmas. I think it's doable lol

Overall though I want to get down to 60-62kg.

Hi there, surprisepg

Sorry it has taken so long to reply but had no internet for the week Yay for a buddy!!! :happydance::happydance:I hope we can share the ups and downs together and spur each other to keep getting back on the horse. Well done on your loss of 6.7kg so far. Totally doable to get to 90kg for Christmas, imagine how gorgeous you'll be on Christmas morning :winkwink: How have you been getting on since? So glad it is Monday again - I always find the weekends the worst for temptation.

The Good
Yay - lost the first half stone!
My DH said he could see my legs and bum toning up and a good friend that I hadn't seen in a while complimented me on my weight loss on Saturday!!

Darcy Bussell Pilates DVD Main Programme
Davina Body Buff Warm up and Cardio
30 min walk

The Bad
...it's early yet..but determined to stay on track

The Ugly
hate my muffin top but know it'll be the hardest to shift

Tomorrow is a new day!
try a different fruit

Weight this morning
168.2lbs

well done hun been busy with sick kiddies so checking in now. well done on your half a stone and the motivation too x

Marina, sorry to hear your kiddies have been poorly, hope they back to good form now.

The Good
Finally broke into the 11 stones this morning at a shade over 11 stone 12 Woop! Woop!
BMI now 29 .....out of the obese category!!
Navel circumference this morning ....39.5 inches ..down one and a half inches
Got 9 hours sleep last night - thank you darling baby girl! :haha:

Pilates DVD main programme
Davina Body Buff Cardio and Arms workout
30 min walk

The Bad

The Ugly

Tomorrow is a new day!
push a bit harder in the cardio

Weight this morning
166.6lbs

The Good
I have cut out bread (which I loooove!) and it seems to have got the scales moving. Although to be fair it is probably not just the bread that does the damage but all my favourite toppings - mayo, peanut butter, jam, butter, cheese

Exercise
Davina Body Buff Cardio and Arms - this is getting a bit easier
Pilates DVD main programme
30 minute walk

The Bad

The Ugly
AF is imminent.....must stay strong.....must stay strong!!

Tomorrow is a new day!
Up the speed while walking

Weight this morning
165.8lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back