Rockin' Baby Ring Sling

OH just shakes his head at me when I talk BW!!!! :haha:

DH just shakes his head at me generally these days what with nappies and slings! :dohh:

That sling looks gorgeous BTW.

:thumbup:

Yep - very true, OH does the same when it comes to me spending money on any BW/cloth nappy items :dohh: LOL!

Thanks - I'm loving that print but I've been on a BWing mission the last 24 hours and found sooooo many I want now :blush:

x

I would like a woven wrap (not stretchy like the Moby) that would support E. I think that they would be a bit easier for E to sleep in as you can tuck their little faces under the strap. Maybe a woven wrap and a MT are a bit overkill, the one might replace the other. I do know that my DH probably would never use the wrap but he does use the MT as it's simplier to learn.

I see what you mean about tucking LO's head into the wrap when they fall asleep...why not buy a Mei Tai with a hood? I do like the wraps though! Very very comfy x

I see what you mean about tucking LO's head into the wrap when they fall asleep...why not buy a Mei Tai with a hood? I do like the wraps though! Very very comfy x

Well, I figure I might as well buy a wrap instead of another MT. A wrap has a bit more options for carries than a MT and I already have a MT which workes very well for DH.

I agree actually, wasn't really thinking about the options of a wrap!

Have you any in mind?

x

Ok girls i'm going to sound thick here but with the wrap sling things could i not buy some nice stretchy material and use that the same as a wrap? Just a thought, sorry if it sounds silly but i like the idea of a wrap sling and with me been a bigger sized lady i could make one to my size.

You can buy wraps for bigger ladies :)
The draw back of making one yourself will be stretchy material will only support a baby well until upto 6 months, and to buy the necessary fabric for a woven wrap ( which is notoriously hard to find) it would cost you as much or more as buying a new one :)
A 5.2 wrap would suffice for all carries, front back, hip carries etc for a larger lady with plenty to spare. The wraps you can buy as *wraps* are designed to hold the weight of a baby and have a diagonal weave which means they distribute the weight much better than your average peice of material would do.

I recommend didymos and girasol wraps, and hoppediz are lovely too but i always get tempted by the range of colours n patterns offered by didymos and girasol !! xx

You can buy wraps for bigger ladies :)
The draw back of making one yourself will be stretchy material will only support a baby well until upto 6 months, and to buy the necessary fabric for a woven wrap ( which is notoriously hard to find) it would cost you as much or more as buying a new one :)
A 5.2 wrap would suffice for all carries, front back, hip carries etc for a larger lady with plenty to spare. The wraps you can buy as *wraps* are designed to hold the weight of a baby and have a diagonal weave which means they distribute the weight much better than your average peice of material would do.

I recommend didymos and girasol wraps, and hoppediz are lovely too but i always get tempted by the range of colours n patterns offered by didymos and girasol !! xx

Getting to grips with all your jargon now :winkwink::winkwink:

yup,

The HOPPEDIZ® - the "light one"

Oooo...I like this! :thumbup:

x

'I've just ordered my Ring Sling' *she sings* :smug:

Yay!!! :dance:

I'm so excited....I want it now! :haha:

I just hope I get on with a RS as LO is a heavy baba!

xxx

I fell in love with my RS because LO is a chunky monkey from the get go. Hopefully you find it as helpful as I do.

Oh that's fab to know - thank you hun! :thumbup:

I'm on a mission for a new Mei Tai now :blush: OH doesn't know...he wasn't impressed when I told him I bought the RS :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->