Rolling over.. 5months? Still not rolled....

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by kandbumpx, Nov 16, 2011.

1. kandbumpx

kandbumpx Well-Known Member

My LO is 5 months and still hasn't rolled :/.. (she did once, but must have been an accident iykwim, she was only 3 months) She hasn't rolled front to back or back to front.. She tries but gets frustrated with herself :dohh:

Everyone else's LO seems to have rolled in someway by this age.. Is L behind? :/

What age did your LO
    - Roll back to front
    - Roll front to back x

2. tiggerpony

tiggerpony Well-Known Member

my baby is 14 weeks old and hasnt rolled either! She has no interest in it either. I dont think they are behind just all babies develop at diff speeds?

3. kandbumpx

kandbumpx Well-Known Member

True.. I just thought she would have rolled by now :/

4. lovehearts

lovehearts Well-Known Member

My LO rolled front to back quite early but I'm pretty sure it was just the weight of his head! He rolled back to front at 7 months, slower than some but he got there! X

5. sapphire1

sapphire1 Well-Known Member

Holly rolled front to back at around 6 months, and couldn't roll back to front til she was 8months. She crawled 2 weeks after that :wacko:

They'll do it when they're ready. Some babies skip rolling altogether. x x

6. HungryHippo

HungryHippo Domestic Engineer

7. Babyface179

Babyface179 Well-Known Member

21 weeks and no rolling here either. He hates tummy time as well which doesn't help.

8. bigbetty

bigbetty Mammam to a princess

Fran had just turned 6 months when she first rolled back to front. She went one way, then the other. And to my surprise she then went front to back - all within the space of about 20 minutes lol!

9. Syl

Syl Well-Known Member

Lo turns to 6 months next week and she only rolled from tummy to her back 3-4 times when she was 12 weeks old. She hates tummy time gets REALLY upset after 2-3 mins and has no interest of rolling at all, but loves sitting, standing supported and bouncing :)

10. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

No rolling here either yet!

11. purple_haze

purple_haze Well-Known Member

LO can only roll front to back but hasn't bothered to for last few weeks. And hasn't rolled back to front at all. It's like he's done one way now so just doesn't want to anymore :haha:

12. lynys

lynys Charley's Mommy

Some babies won't roll because they hate being on tummy. If I put LO on tummy, she immediately rolls to her back, but she won't go back to front. It's okay too.... just means baby may skip crawling because they don't get into position.

13. stepmum

stepmum Oliver's Mummy

my LO doesn't roll either, funnily he started to do it when he was about 8 weeks old for a week or two (only front to back) and then has never done it since.:dohh: BUT I'm not too bothered as he has just mastered sitting by himself unaided on the floor and if I'm reading the milestones right the average age is 6 months..my niece who is 7 months has no interest in rolling either and she is hitting all her other milestones.

14. jakemybaby

jakemybaby Well-Known Member

I have a non rolling baby too.

I am in no rush for her to roll either if I'm honest. I like finding her where I left her when I return from the loo!