room sharing?

vanessa

Reaction score
It wont be long before May outgrows her Moses basket....
I have realised recently that she seems to prefer/sleep better if there is nobody about to distract her and make noises etc. so I am thinking she might be better off in her own room when she moves into her cot. Our rooms are right next door and I would have the doors open and baby monitor on...but I still worry that this goes against current advice.....what did/is everyone else do/doing??

First born was in her own room from the beginning...but then I moved in with her and then couldn't bear to move out until she was 18 months!!! Second born was in our room until she was 18 months (couldn't bear to let her move out). Third born is in our room now and will be until I stop breastfeeding at 6 months as I can't be bothered to walk across the landing to feed her (plus it'll take me ages to wake up if she's not in our room). Basically on the basis that my children are 18 months apart it took me to have another child before I could move the previous one out....how sad is that!!!

i will have jack in with me untill he is at least one , ive had all the rest of them in my room too. xx

Lexie can only go in my room with me & my 2 sisters,lol. I still live at home with my parents,so I share a room unfortunately.

When I move out, (hopefully into a 2 bedroomed house) She'll go into her own room at 1 year old.

:)

we had maddi in with us till 6 and half months, but tbh we disturbed her bless her, she's just next door to our room.
if you're worried maybe a monitor like this may put your mind at rest:
https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42871041&mcb=core
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...c_2/2|cat_12109130|Baby+monitors|12109185.htm
:hugs: only u no when she's ready to move over honey, you do whats best for you and LO :hugs:

I moved Yasmine into her own room at 5 weeks, and we were all fine with it, midwife told me off so I was naive and moved her back into our bedroom, then at 7 weeks I put her back in her own room, she start sleeping through without being disturbed by me and partner tosng and turning! I dont regret it at all! x

One of my friends has been putting her LO in his own room since he was 8 weeks and it helped him sleep through. I am thinking that ill probably move Oscar when he is about 4 months but have noticed that we disturb him when we come to be no matter how quiet we are so I might do it sooner. You have to do what is right for you

We moved our two into their own room when they were 10 weeks old and were sleeping through. We've never looked back. We'll do something similar with the new baby too.

Me and My DH live with his mom, and will be at least until June, so the baby has to be with us seeing as we only have the one room. I wish Kathryn could have her own room, cause we have to keep the tv volume down and whisper after she goes to sleep, and I would love to just relax and watch a movie with my hubby, and talk in a normal voice at night. And...darn it! my typing just woke her up from her nap :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->