Rose's Birth Story and Photos :>)

Thanks guys :hugs:

I really am quite proud of myself now that I look back on it, and SO pleased that I was able to birth my beautiful daughter without any nasty drugs that might have effected her.

The Hypno Birth Music definitely helped me, as soon as the CD went off I was pointing to it through all my deep breathing saying 'on again!' ... It just helped me focus, and I love the idea that it was playing when she came into the world... all calm and peaceful.

Yesterday I had all my stitches checked etc and apparently there's a lot up there on the back vaginal wall, so no wonder I am in pain. Good news is the MW said the panic attacks were caused by the rectal Diclofenac that the lady gave me at the birthing centre on Tuesday! So I now know to steer well clear of that!

Motherhood is amazing though, this one little person... I just melt when I look at her. And she's such a content baby!

We aren't in our cloth napkins yet as everything is too bag for her but we are using our washable wipes and soapnuts and getting on well with both breastfeeding isn't going so well and I am having to start expressing, but I figure that if it doesn't work she did have 3 full days of liquid gold and that must have done her some good, right?

x x

you did so well hun!!! shes gorgeous!

I get that weird pressure down below, not sure what it is?

Congratulations on the the birth of your beautiful baby girl. :cloud9:
Lovely birth story too. :thumbup: Hope you heal quickly - at least you have a reason for the panic attacks. I found dealing with the discomfort and associated toileting issues the hardest thing to deal with post birth - was the only thing that got me down. :dohh:

Have you tried to get some support/help with BFing?
At least you know you've tried and she's had the vital colostrum. My sister had issues and hasn't looked back since moving onto FF - her little boy is now a happy, healthy, bright 4.5 year old. :flower:

are u going to start a parenting journal??
hope ur all ok xx

I hadn't thought about a journal really... is that something on here then?

Thank you so much for all of your congratulations, I am so bloomin' happy!!

Being a Mama is so wonderful isn't it :cloud9: x x

Congratulations, what a beautiful birth story! I love her little vest as well. :cloud9:

I can totally sympathise with running to the pool, I couldn't get in there fast enough and the two times they lured me out by getting me to follow the entonox mouth piece I wanted to cause them immense pain! :haha:

PS: With the Diclofenic can that happen with the oral one? I am dosed up to the eyeballs on the stuff at the moment.

PS: With the Diclofenic can that happen with the oral one? I am dosed up to the eyeballs on the stuff at the moment.

I have no idea hun, but apparently the rectal one is a very high dose and they weren't surprised at my reaction to it at all. I haven't ever felt like that before in my life and hope I never will again, it was very very frightening.... I was very tired at one point and was too scared to shut my eyes and I felt so bad I thought I might not wake up and see my baby again :nope:

I would have thought that if you were going to have a reaction to it you would have done by now. Mine was literally within hours of her administering it.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments though, Rose didn't lose any weight at her 5 day check and on her 9 day check had gone up 160g! MW very pleased.

I have had my lower stitches snipped as they were pulling (makes my knees go funny that does lol) but she couldn't reach further in to remove anymore of the others unfortunately. She was rather alarmed at how many there were though :wacko: Problem is now my Mum has gone home (I am single) I am doing more about the house and have started bleeding bright red blood again... a sign I am doing too much... Thing is I have to be on my own and get on with things and some point don't I... Why must my fanny protest!!!

The other thing is I am going for a poo twice a day and although it's great that I am nowhere near constipated (which is a miracle as I suffer from IBS type C) it seems that everytime I do go for a poo it makes my fanny worse even though I cover it with a pad and push on it to ease the pressure :shrug:

Just one of those things I guess!

x x

BEAUTIFUL Mommy and Babe! Congratulations xxx

Congratulations!! she's gorgeous!

Thank you :flower:

We're very well thanks Callum's Mummy... apart from a few sleeping problems we're doing grand!

Being a single Mummy is hard though, I can see why it's nice to have a bit of support around you, and someone else get up and see to baby/change a poopy nappy etc...

I am deleriously happy though! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->