Rosie is here at last!

babythinkpink

Mum to 5!
Reaction score
Rosie's birth story 9.35am Monday 27th September 2010

On Sunday 26th Rosie was a week late, I had a few niggles, nothing much and just walked about through the day doing normal stuff!
By about 2pm I had done roast dinner and had noticed aches getting more regular, not particulaly painful but was trying to see if there was any regularity, to which there wasn't really.
By the evening i had a clock timing them while watching the xfactor! They were coming between every 3-10 mins but because some were 10 some were 3 i thought that was still not considered 'regular' so carried on.
I called my friend who was having the children for me and we went on over about 10 in the evening, we settled the children and by this time i was getting regular 3 mins apart having to stop and breath through contractions, this was it!!!:happydance:
We went into the hospital and because this is my 5th birth and i have had a 3 hour and 5 hour labour before we had high hopes i would be delivering soon and i was put into a delivery room.
I was not looked at for ages, but i did ask that the midwife could let me know how far along i was to give me an idea of how much more i had to do! The gas and air was needed by this point but was making me sick and i couldn't stop shaking and couldn't work out why things were so slow.
She looked and said 2-3cm WHAT??? No way!
This was shaping up more like a first delivery not 5th!
Anyway it gets a bit blurry after so much, i remember the first midwife was great, we tried loads of different positions and she was rubbing my back while my birth partner had a good old sleep!!:haha:
She was amazing and helped with the pain so much, she had to go off duty, and the next midwife came in, and b4 her the doctor, they had all had a go at breaking my waters and decided that they must have gone, but that was not pleasant as the doctor did it with a contraction.
They then emptied my bladder with a tube, not pleasant, and stuck a drip in me because i had not drunk for a while and was showing signs of dehydration.
I had a pain killer, not pethidine but an alternative that didn't make baby drowsy.
Still i was only 5cm and not progressing, but because baby was fine i was just left to labour.
This was all from being admitted to about 6am through the night, the drugs made me sleepy between contractions but the contractions were really intensive, the gas and air didn't touch it! All i could think was, and this is with pain relief!!
The doctor was supposed to be back at 8 but we didn't see him again, i started needing to push but the midwife examined me and said i couldn't, she said the cervix had not thinned enough and if i pushed it would tear and i would bleed badly, i asked how long i had to breath through needing to push and she said an hour and a half....at which point i had flipped!!!
I couldn't not push with the urge to push for an hour and a half., was she kidding?? So i said no way and she said eventually if i need to push then i had to, so i say but you just told me not to push, and she said if i had to i could, so i got cross again saying yes great then tear, and she said no the cervix had moved and i could push.
I think just before this i lost it, i was crying and saying i was confused and scared, she kept using long midwife terms and i kept saying you will have to explain i don't know what you are on about!
My dh did say he thought she meant if i pushed i would bleed so badly i would be in surgery and need a transfusion so it wasn't just the drugs!!
Anyway eventually i could push, i did listen and pant when i was told to but still tore a big vein which had to be stitched, and had some other stitches, by which time i had my baby on me and wasn't really interested!
Rosie was born up on to me, and stayed skin to skin for about 2 and a half hours while i was seen to, stitched and placenta etc done.
I was shocked and not in a good way, and today is the first day i feel anywhere near myself!
Rosie was 6lb 9oz so my joint smallest and boy was it a long birth to what i was expecting.
She is very placid and calm, and a little sweetie, and i just fell in love as soon as i saw her, I am enjoying her because she is so laid back!

I don't think i have remembered things too clearly, but it was a bit blurry! I just have bruises and needle marks and think oh that must have been this or that and remember something else they did!!
Not the hands off, natural, quick labour of the past but she is here safe and sound and i love her to bits :cloud9:
baby first pics ad random 015.jpg

baby first pics ad random 020.jpg

Massive congratulations BTP!! Sorry you had such a rough time but all worth it in the end. She's soo lovely, congrats again :flower: x

Congatulations! Rosie is gorgeous :cloud9: makes me so broody! love the name too, same as my little Rosie Posie xx

Big Congratulations BTP, Rosie is beautiful xx

Congratulations! x x

huge congrats hon!!! you sure don't look like you had a rough labour - great pic! :D

sorry it was so rough for you :hugs:
totally agree you look glowing in the picture - not like you had a tough time at all, and Rosie is gorgeous, congratulations!

congratulations, you look great in the photos by the way, hope i look that good after!x

oh wow - that sounds really tough - I'm kinda glad I'm not ready to give birth at the moment cuz that sounds a bit scary. but you are a trooper and carried on well! and look at the prize!!! do you think she is your last? thx for sharing!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->