Round Ligament Pain

JWC13

Reaction score
I've been experiencing pain on my left side for hours and in googling it, it appears to be round ligament pain. The area of the pain matches where RLP would be (according to Dr. google). I experienced it for about 20 minutes earlier today then it went away and then it came back a few hours later and has been hurting for about 2 hours now. I finally gave in and took some Tylenol.

Anyone else experienced this? I know I'm only 12 weeks and normally RLP starts in the second trimester but it seems that it isn't uncommon to start in the first trimester.

Yep. With my first baby, it started around 11 weeks. I didn't have it until third tri with the twins and then this pregnancy I've had it since about 8 weeks. :cry:

I have it.. and have in all my pregnancy’s, it starts with me about 6 weeks, so super early!
I find if I tuck my legs up in a ball it goes away a lot quicker.. but it’s a nasty pain that sometimes takes my breath away!
Take it easy 😀

I have it.. and have in all my pregnancy’s, it starts with me about 6 weeks, so super early!
I find if I tuck my legs up in a ball it goes away a lot quicker.. but it’s a nasty pain that sometimes takes my breath away!
Take it easy 😀

Yeah the level of pain was so intense. I had heard of RLP before but just thought it would feel like bad cramps or something but wow, it was intense! Especially for it to last so long.

Yup I had it from first tri in my first pregnancy, and it lasted whole way through pretty much. I kind of learned what would set it off and moved more carefully but it's a killer! have hardly had it this pregnancy though x

I've had it in all my pregnancies. Haven't had it yet so far with this baby but still quite early yet. It can be quite intense. I remember a few times in previous pregnancies when I was nearly doubled over from the pain. Thankfully it only lasted a few seconds but moving made it worse.

Usually round ligament pain happens on movement, so when you stand up, twist, roll over, etc. You shouldn't really be getting it constantly when resting. It's possible you're just having some stretching pains or it could be an ovary. Sometimes you can get a bit of a cyst on your ovary in early pregnancy (which usually isn't a big deal). RLP though can start from soon after implantation though. I've had it from before I missed my period in all three of my pregnancies. In fact, with this one, I truly didn't think I was pregnant (took at test at 10 dpo and it was BFN). Then got out of my car quickly a few days later and got some RLP and was like, hmmm. It was truly my first pregnancy sign other than nausea. If it carries on and it's really uncomfortable when you are sitting and resting, I would get it checked as it's possible it's something else (which is probably nothing, but no reason to be in pain).

I've had this, mostly when I sneeze or move or roll over but it's happened since I've returned to the gym. Did a spin class the other day, then took down our Christmas stuff and had some bad RLP...made sure to have hubby do the heavier lifting and I took it easy. Normal from what I understand!

I've been getting RLP when I stand up too quickly. It passes after a few seconds and I go on my way, but those few seconds really are quite painful! I've found that bending over and not moving for a few seconds really seems to help. I don't specifically remember this from my first pregnancy, but I could have experienced it and just not remembered.

I've had it from first trimester, it is so painful!
I usually get it at night or in the morning when I'm getting in or out of bed or if I sneeze or cough without being prepared.

It can last quite a while but sometimes is just a sharp pain then goes. It's not nice but a least its not harmful.

I've been experiencing pain on my left side for hours and in googling it, it appears to be round ligament pain. The area of the pain matches where RLP would be (according to Dr. google). I experienced it for about 20 minutes earlier today then it went away and then it came back a few hours later and has been hurting for about 2 hours now. I finally gave in and took some Tylenol.

Anyone else experienced this? I know I'm only 12 weeks and normally RLP starts in the second trimester but it seems that it isn't uncommon to start in the first trimester.

I've had rlp since before i had my bfp thats how i knew i was absolutely pregnant!
I have had it on and off since! Sometimes the sharp pain is so intense i am doubled over but it literally lasts a matter of seconds sometimes a minute then it goes. Ive noticed this last week or so I've felt like my muscles are tender in my tummy ao have taken it somewhat easier (as easy as you can eith a 3 yr old boy lol) x

Yes, had this with my son and my current pregnancy, super early. I sneezed once and was in agony for a minute or two, it can be alarming but so far everything is fine, just our poor bodies being tortured in the name of babies lol. Good luck.

I've had this too, for about 3 weeks now. I don't recall having it at all with my first pregnancy so I also Googled coz I had no idea what it was! I definitely get it when I move too fast, I don't have a bump yet or really feel pregnant at all so I'm trying to get into the habit of reminding myself I'm pregnant before I do things. It's quite difficult when you don't actually feel pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->