Routine 3 month and 3rd baby!

Lou+Bubs

Mummy + Expecting #2
Reaction score
I need so advice and help with routine for my 3rd dd, my plan is after Christmas to try get her into more of a routine as I want to introduce a proper bed time routine. I've tried a few time but so hard with having two other's oldest is 6 and middle is 4. Older two share a room and dd has her own. How have you got 3rd into routine for bedtime, we have a sort of routine through the day which has been set by dd3 but goes a little to pot on a afternoon/evening. I'm struggling to get a wind down time and bottle in to then get her in her cot so she just ends up being down stairs with us till when we go up to bed. I will add our kind of routine.
6.00-6.30 wake up
Bottle 5-6oz
Little play while get other children ready for school run
8.00 into car seat ready for school run
8-9.30 sleep sometimes wakes up earlier if woken getting in and out of car
10.30-11 bottle 5-6oz sometimes goes longer and just follow her lead not set times
Cat naps
2.00 set feed as need her ready for school pick up
Sleep on school run
5-6.00 bottle
Cat naps while I get other children in bed
8-9 bottle
11.00 top up

Thanks in advance

I wish I had had advice as I have the same problem! My daughter naps on the school runs too both am and pm. I have tried and failed a bedtime routine as like you I have my five year old to get to bed. So there is no quiet relaxing bath, book, bottle and then bed as I'm usually on my own until after 7 when my hubbie gets home.

My only idea is to get my son involved in her bed time routine and get him to help me bath her but Jen is tired then so it's tough to get him to be quiet and gentle!

Thanks caz, it's nice to know it's not me that's struggling. Keep trying to think what I did with my dd2 but that seems ages ago.

I was the same with the same age gaps, 6 1/2, 4 and newborn. I found it quite easy to fall into a routine. Bedtimes I would make sure to give the newborn a little feed and settle in bouncer or moses basket whilst I got the other 2 ready. I would make sure he was winded, changed and fed, if he started grizzling I would leave him as I knew he had been seen too. It would take the maximum of an hour to get the older 2 bathed/fed/ready for bed and in that time DS2 would be taken with us around the house whilst doing baths etc which I found easier as he didn't seem to grizzle as much when he could see us. Hope that makes sense x

I have 2 year age gaps we use to do bath time with the two eldest baby would go in Moses basket or cot he was a very content baby and my two eldest boys jus went to bed and I could leave them right away also my oh would watch the two eldest boys x
We got in to a routine quite early of
Baby bed at 6pm
Ds2 bed at 6.30pm and
Ds3 7.30 bed

I give Cruz his last bottle for bed down stairs now and go up lie him in cot and come back down so doesn't take much time we do bathtimes together x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->