Routine Fans - Question for you

Faffalina

Mummy
Reaction score
Hello! :flower:

I've been trying to get Lil into a loose routine to help me get more :sleep:, but struggled because of the lengths of her naps. Her morning nap can be either 45 mins or 1.5 / 2 hours, which then throws everything else out for the day!

I noticed everyone else seems to say their LO sleeps from 9-10 (for example) and there's no mention of naps being different..?

my LO naps when she likes in the day but still stick to the same night routine and it works for us. My eldest though has a set nap time, i think its just what works for you and your baby. I found it easier to go by their leads and work from there x

My LO's naps are always different, I tend to follow a rough routine which sort of goes like this...

06:30 Up for the day (on a work day!)
07:00 First Bottle
07:30 LO naps in the car on my way to my Mum's
08:00 Breakfast
09:00 Nap - normally around an hour, but can be shorter/longer
10:00 Bottle

This is normally where the routine gets a bit looser. Basically LO's bottles are at 10am, 1pm & 4pm. She gets put down for a nap when she has been up anywhere between 90 & 120 mins. Basically just watching for her tiredness cues. Even if she's not looking tired after the 2 hours, she will be laid down with her dummy to see if she wants to nap. So sometimes bottles can go a little late etc... However, the next bottle is always offered at the exact time it should be iykwim. Tbh she never normally naps over a bottle time - I think she somehow knows she could be getting fed LOL :haha:

Then the routine is structured again when I pick her up from my Mum's after work. So...

17:15 LO naps in the car while I drive home
18:00 Dinner
19:00 Bottle
19:30 Bath
20:00 Bed
22:00 Dreamfeed

I like to try and make sure she has atleast 3 hours naps in the day, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't but I try (or my Mum tries during the day) to follow her lead and watch her cues.

HTH :flower:

Thanks. Great, that's how we are too. Just thought everyone elses' babies must be on a different wavelength to Lil but seems they can't all be "programmed", LOL xx

Thanks. Great, that's how we are too. Just thought everyone elses' babies must be on a different wavelength to Lil but seems they can't all be "programmed", LOL xx

No sadly not, although sometimes I wish Coralie had come with a remote control :haha:

Sleep mode and mute could be vvveeeerrrryyyyy helpful hahahaha!!!

Im not too fussy on routine during the day but when it hits 5.30pm i do have a strict routine i stick too!
Naps are usually - AM @ 10am for 1hr and then another at 2pm for another hour, but the afternoon nap isnt always happening now hes getting older!

These naps are something that i take Aymens lead on...so they are not set in stone and if we need to go out, he'll nap in his pram but more often than not, he just enjoys looking around rather than sleepin when we're out!

I personally have found that the older they get the less naps they will take, but obviously thats not in every case.

No sadly not, although sometimes I wish Coralie had come with a remote control :haha:

Except the poor things would just snooze all day with pauses for giggles...

BTW, love the name Coralie! :flower:

Except the poor things would just snooze all day with pauses for giggles...

BTW, love the name Coralie! :flower:

Thanks hun! Her name was supposed to be Elyse, until I saw Coralie on a name website LOL!

You're so right, i'd have her programmed. Sleep, giggles, smiles, cuddles with Mummy, feeding (done nice and quick, no hassles) then sleep LOL. Tbh thinking about, I actually think i'd rather have her as she is now. Good or bad she's still adorable :cloud9:

We try and stick to the EASY routine but as she gets older we adapt. EG, at 3 mths she needed a nap every 90 mins, now she needs one every 3hrs.

I find the naps differ and i think it is due to how well she slept in the night. She'll often sleep 11 to 5, but the quality of the sleep can differ. Sometimes she is restless and whimpery and sometimes out for the count. If she has a restless night she will sleep a good hour or more twice a day. If she has a good sleep, maybe just as much as 20mins.

Just a thought.

And i also cal my LO Lil':flower:

We try and stick to the EASY routine but as she gets older we adapt. EG, at 3 mths she needed a nap every 90 mins, now she needs one every 3hrs.

I find the naps differ and i think it is due to how well she slept in the night. She'll often sleep 11 to 5, but the quality of the sleep can differ. Sometimes she is restless and whimpery and sometimes out for the count. If she has a restless night she will sleep a good hour or more twice a day. If she has a good sleep, maybe just as much as 20mins.

Just a thought.

And i also cal my LO Lil':flower:

OH hates it when I call her that!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012