Routine for snacky eaters?

kitabird

Mammy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Is it even possible? LO eats every 2 hours and only naps for 20 mins at a time. I've tried to get him to go longer, but he really wants to eat and gets upset. Sometimes if we're out and about he might go 3 hours, but then will eat again 1 hour later to make up for it. Is there any hope?! Last night he woke to eat 5 times too :( although it's usually not that bad.

At that age every two hours is quite normal not snacky. Same with the 20/30min naps unfortunately. I'd just go with the flow and eventually he will start stretching out the time between feeds.

Have you heard about the " four month sleep regression"? If not its worth a google as it is a pretty common phenomenon and might explain the sudden frequent night wakings.

At that age every two hours is quite normal not snacky. Same with the 20/30min naps unfortunately. I'd just go with the flow and eventually he will start stretching out the time between feeds.

Have you heard about the " four month sleep regression"? If not its worth a google as it is a pretty common phenomenon and might explain the sudden frequent night wakings.

I thought we were coming out of the regression as we had a couple of pretty good nights, but maybe we're not yet.
It seems as though all the other babies I know go longer between feeds!

My LO is almost 6 months and has never gone more than 2 hours during the day without a feed. The longest she goes is 4 hours at the beginning of the night.

She's combi fed too - and whether its a boob or bottle feed makes no difference!

Sorry you're having such a hard time - thought I'd let you know you're not alone! x

My LO is almost 6 months and has never gone more than 2 hours during the day without a feed. The longest she goes is 4 hours at the beginning of the night.

She's combi fed too - and whether its a boob or bottle feed makes no difference!

Sorry you're having such a hard time - thought I'd let you know you're not alone! x

Yep Felix has a bottle around 6ish, but it doesn't make any difference to how long he goes.
Does your LO catnap too?

From 14 weeks till 18 weeks we had really bad 2 hrly night wakings and I put that down to growth spurt and sleep regression combined. During the day he can just about manage 2.5 hourly feeding and I tried to feed a bit more often late afternoon to tank him up for bed but it really didn't make any difference. My LO only naps for 20-30 mins at a time too and it is really exhausting. The naps haven't changed but he is going slightly longer now at nights, sometimes nearly 4 hours! No matter what I do, cot, car seat, pram he will not nap longer sometimes I am okay with it other times it frustrates me no end. Can;t really give any advice just to know you are not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->