Routine Problems/Issues/Advice

GemM83

Reaction score
Ok, can someone please help me as my DH and I are somewhat at odds over our 3.5yo’s routine/schedule at the moment. I think it’s fine considering logistics. DH thinks it’s bad. What are your thoughts?!
I will lay out her routine as if she was having an extremely good week….i.e not waking up during the night!! We both work full-time and DD is shared between parents, childminder and nursery. Parents are 20 minute drive away from us, and I am then a further 25 minutes then from work (traffic dependant).

Monday
5.30-6am Up
6.30am Out the door
7am Arrive at Nana’s
(may have a nap in car on way home from soft play)
4.45pm Dropped off at Nanny’s
5.45pm Dinner
6.30pm Bath
7.00pm Falls asleep on way home

Tuesday
5.30-6am Up
7.15am Out the door
7.30am Arrive at childminders
(No naps)
3.30pm Nanny picks up
5.45pm Dinner
6.30pm Bath
7.00pm Falls asleep on way home

Wednesday
5.30-6am Up

6.30am Out the door
7am Arrive at Aunties
Goes to Stay and Play throughout the day, and will probably nap for 45mins (although I say to not let her sleep!)
4.30pm Mummy picks up
5.45 Dinner at Nannys
6.30pm Bath
7.00pmm Falls asleep on way home

Thursday
5.30-6am Up
7.10am Out the door
8am Nursery
5pm Pick up from Nursery (has breakfast lunch and dinner at nursery)
6.30pm Bath
7pm Bed

Friday
5.30-6am Up
7.10am Out the door
8am Nursery
5pm Pick up from Nursery (has breakfast lunch and dinner at nursery)
6.30pm Bath
7pm Bed

Weekends are a bit different, but generally is up at 5.30-6am dinner at 5.45-6pm and bed may be at 7.30pm-8pm.
Is anything of this weekend glaring at anyone and am I doing anything totally and utterly wrong? DH doesn’t like the fact that she wakes up so early, especially at the weekends, but I am at a loss as to what I can do!!

What exactly does he not agree with? Is she wakingnuonatvtgat time naturally or do you need to wake her? Doesn’t look that different to our schedule except we have nursery everyday. I’d probably be going straight home on a Wednesday instead of dinner at nanny’s but it doesn’t seem that bad. More importantly unless there’s a way to change it I’m not sure there any point overthinking it.

He doesn't agree with the monday-wednesday routine as he thinks she should have dinner and bath at home EVERY night. He also has an issue that she never goes to bed awake and that we always put her to bed asleep. The thinking is that because she doesn't do that she doesnt know how to get herself back to sleep say if she wakes up at 3am for the toilet. I would love to have her at home for dinner, but by the time I get to pick her up is slap bang in the middle of rush hour. It would mean she wouldnt be eating dinner till gone 6.30pm and I would also run the risk of her falling asleep in the car on the way back!!

Ooh she is also waking up naturally at that time.....even on weekends.

In that case you are doing the best you can. I understand it’s probably a difficult schedule for him as he probably doesn’t really get to see her awake during the week but that’s not even the issue he’s raised. 5:30/6am isn’t a terrible time to be getting up for the day and I really don’t see the issue with not going to bed awake. Even children who can go to bed awake and fall asleep alone often have issues going back to sleep if they wake in the night. On the positive side you are getting an evening together and not spending ages battling to put her to sleep. My son is almost three and never gets put to bed awake and he gets up anywhere between 4 and 5:30. Honestly it all sounds perfectly normal to me, if it’s a massive issue for him though could you start asking grandparents to let her nap for an hour or so in the day so she can hopefully stay awake till she gets home and let your OH put her to bed? Or would the nap mess things up too much for her?

It's whatever works for your family. We get up later at the moment but I'm a stay at home mum. Obviously if you work then you need your daughter up and wherever she needs to be. That's what had to happen in your set up. Children do get up early. Mine seem to go to bed later and we are up around 8am. This is what currently is happening here due to night feeds and a toddler who hasn't slept through for months. I'm not sure how you can change it if you are working so your partner must be able to see that too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->