routine,routine,routine

ellaBella

Reaction score
hi.
my 5 month old has a routine and if we dont stick to it down the the minute he doesnt sleep at night.

if he has a bottle earlier than usual or gets up earlier than usual the routine is buggered and again wont sleep properly through the night.

he has 30 mins nap in morning and 2 an a half hours in the afternoon but if he has 5 minutes more he doesnt sleep properly.
so this is making me stay in at home coz if we go out in the car he sleeps if we go out and hes in pram he sleeps.

if he sleeps any less or any more he doesnt sleep properly at night.

this is getting me down because i want him and me to get a good nights sleep but if the routine goes wrong in the day i then get stressed and fed up.

can anyone help me here?

people say baby/children dont need routine but my baby doesnt and it has to be down to the last minute.

Leeons excactly the same everything has to be the same to the precise time too or he wont sleep but if everything is right in the day hel sleep 16 hours at night which is fab i just plan to have no visitors or go out untill hes had a nap then i have time to do what i want with then must admit though kinda messes us up if we go out and hes due a nap he wont have his nap then doesnt sleep at all but if your baby sleeps when you go out just go out in his afternoon nap when he sleeps for 2 n half hours x

ur LO is older than mine,right?

when i go out my LO just falls asleep which then buggers up the routine

ur LO is older than mine,right?

when i go out my LO just falls asleep which then buggers up the routine

yes my lo turned one at christmas but hes been like that with routine since about 4 months old if your lo naps for 2 n half hours in the afternoon and he falls asleep in the pram then dont go out uuntill hes due his nap then hel sleep in the pram anyway and it will be his nap time so it shouldnt really mess the routine up just aim to get home when his nap is due to finish if you get me lol sorry if im baffling on :)

no i understand but if i do that,that means i have to stay out for that 2 1/2hrs.
sometimes i only need to go out for half an hour or would like to visit people

i suppose but if you only go out for half hour couldnt baby just stay asleep in the pram for the rest of his nap in the house?? leeon sometimes sleeps in his pram in the house and if you visit people let him have his nap then when he wakes up you can stay out longer then x

well we have tried that,going out and then letting him sleep in pram but he just wakes up.

sorry im being abit time wasting

Honestly, I think you need to lighten up :blush: I used to be like you too, but then I realised that my baby is getting bigger now and as much as I need to adjust for her needs, she needs to fit into what I need too. You can't stay at home untill he's bigger, it will make you so depressed. Your baby will re-adjust after a few days.

if hes 5 months old hel soon adjust...and probably into a better routine like we did with leeon and now hes in such a good routine we can do pretty much anything when we want aslong as he has a nap in the day hes fine x

his routine has been different for a few days now and he isnt sleeping at night.

i would rather get a good nights sleep than mess his routine up.

yeah my lo is ok aslong as he naps but if he naps too much or too little he doesnt sleep

That's your decision then, but if you want to get things done in the day you need to get him used to doing things..

yeah my lo is ok aslong as he naps but if he naps too much or too little he doesnt sleep

all babies are like that though if they nap too little they become overtired therefore wake at night and if they have too much sleep in the day they wake up at night as theyve still got energy to burn if you go out and hes due to wake up then wake him up and have some toys on the pram to keeo him occupied x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->