Routine

Katew

Reaction score
Emi was weaned slightly earlier then ideal (16ish weeks) due to her showing signs and strong advice from the health visitor.

We started her on breakfast and had a routine as follows;

7am- Breastfeed
9am- Breakfast
11ish- Breastfeed
1pm- Bottle feed
3pm- Breastfeed
5pm- Breastfeed
7pm- Bottle feed
8.30pm- Bedtime breastfeed

As she was so young we have taken it all very slowely and had hassel from the HV about doing so, so it was only towards the end of last week that we introduced lunch at 12.30. She now refuses the lunchtime (1pm) bottle and goes through to 3pm without feed so seems to have dropped it herself.

I was not planning on introducing dinner for at least 3/4 weeks but last night she didn't want her 7pm bottle and was sreaming. As a last option we got her food out and she became so excited so obviously wanted nothing but food so we eventually gave in and feed her. I am now however confused!! :dohh:

How would you work the routine with dinner in- would you drop the 1pm and 7pm bottle?? What is your routine like for LO that are on 3 meals a day?

I what to keep at least one bottle of formula in the routine so I know that she takes it and I can leave her when need be. :blush:

Thanks

(Edited- only just realised how long this was- thank you for reading all of this!)

Hiya babes

My LO is 16/17 weeks and been advised to start weaning so here we go lol ....

Not sure what to suggest but how about turning the 8:30 breastfeed into a bottle feed? Your breasts may feel it to begin with but I currently go from around 6pm till 6am without him feeding off them and its ok now.

I got advised to give the milk feed first and then the food after to begin with do you think thats why the bottle is being refused?

Sorry if im not much help, hang in there im sure she will work out a nice routine in the end - and GOOD LUCK!

:hug:

Personally i'd drop the 5pm feed and slot a meal in around then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->