Routines?

Elljo3

Expecting #4
Reaction score
My kids are aged 6 and 10 And really don't have any routine.when I do ask them to put away after themselves but all I get is moaning and tears etc.

What routines if any, Do your kids have?

Why don't you start a rota? Or if they don't put toys away etc...take those toys away off them?

For example, tell them that they have half an hour to tidy up and any toys that haven't been correctly tidied away after 30 minutes will be taken away for 3 days? Make sure you follow it through though.

OR you could go the opposite route and let their bedroom get really messy and leave them too it for a month? Hopefully they'll get fed up and want to tidy it up? (wishful thinking!)

I wish I could be more help, but I'm just giving ideas of what my mum used to do!

I only have one LO and we have a pretty happy and healthy home life.

START CHART: With 'Please & Thank You', tidy up your things etc....At the end of the week if she has more smiley faces than sad faces then she gets a treat ie, Kids magazine, chocolate or whatever she chooses.

We have a routine of sorts school days and tend to be a little more relaxed and flexi of a weekend.

Mon-Fri; 7am wake up,make bed, breakfast at the table (NO TV), wash up breakfast things. Wash, brush teeth.
She can then either watch some TV, read or play.
Around 8.ish, she'll get dressed for school, we'll do her hair etc
Then drop off.
When she comes home; Change from uniform to regular clothes, have a snack, free play time until Dinner. Again when we have a meal it's around the table with No TV, clean up dishes, bath, relax and chill. Then bed.

It sounds very restricted and regimental but it's actually very natural and works well, she enjoys being given responsibility of helping with clearing up etc.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->