Routines

LilysMummy

Lily's Mum
Reaction score
What routines do your LO haves and when did you start them?

Never thought about anything like this lol how organised am I! :dohh:

xx

I'm not sure when it was but there was a point when Noah started to realise that night time was for sleeping, maybe he was about 8 - 10 weeks ish! We just started having quiet time and then around 7.30 take him for a bath, straight in to the bedroom, bottle (with low light) and then bed. It took a bit of time, but we stuck with it and now its great!

It also seems quite mean but we didin't fuss him or talk to him at first as we didn't want to excite him or wake him, we can talk to him now as he knows when bed time is.

You'll know when its right to start a routine

Good Luck x

I have got a rountie going at last.

I wake up at 7.30 and get Charlie and Ethan up, then i Wake and wsh and dress Coby, then Wash dress and feed Adam, then make breaskfast for the kids and i grab a shower and sort myself out.
Then at 8.30 i take teh kids to school.

PIc the kids up from school at 3 and come home and cook dinner and make bottles.

Through out the day i feed Adam at 11, 2, 5, 8 and 11. The last 11 feed is done upstairs and then i settle him off in his cot.

The other kids are bathed/showered and in bed by 8.

Im hopeing once Adam gets older i can get him in bed at 8 too.

x

I wish we could get a routine goin with Oliver, its all over the place. He has no set feedin times cus sometimes he'll go 4hourly, then he'll only go 3. And he has no specific time he's in bed by. Although he ALWAYS wakes between 7 and 8 am no matter what. :( Its a right mess. He feeds waaay too much than he should do and we are still feedin him twice durin the night. Sometimes he'll sleep for 7 hours but rarely. x

I wake Olivia up if she isnt already awake at 8am, we go down stairs have nappy change, feed and then get dressed for the day and I do the house hold chroes whilst Chris is still home

Chris goes out to work for 12:30pm so some days I take him and by the time im back and made a bottle up its time for her feed at 1pm

We either go out to town for milk nappys etc, stay in or go to Chris's sister for coffee, If im not going any where that day I use this time to catch up with other house work.

She is then fed again at 5pm, I usually start preparing tea after this sit and watch the news have my tea, change Olivia into her sleep suit and just have the lamp on. Every other day this is usually bath time so takes us up to about 7pm

She then usually wants feeding at 8pm, so once done i usually heat Chris's tea for when he finished work at 8:30pm, he has his tea and takes over and does her last feed at 11pm. She then goes down to bed and sleeps right through until the next morning about 8am

x

Wow. i wish Ollie could go 9hours in the night without food! lol impressive! And Olivia is younger too! Whats the secret? x

LoL hun, I wish I knew so I could share it,

I guess im just a very lucky lady.

x

I had nights where Juleika wanted to be feed every two hours :dohh:
I thought hopefully this will change and then I read it is dependant on their size, as when they grow bigger their belly will be bigger and be able to hold more food. makes sense to me :hi:

by now she sleeps at a minimum 5 hours through at night.

"I wake up at 7.30 and get Charlie and Ethan up, then i Wake and wsh and dress Coby, then Wash dress and feed Adam, then make breaskfast for the kids and i grab a shower and sort myself out.
Then at 8.30 i take teh kids to school."

wow Layla! how can you manage to get this all done within an hour???

Sorry, thats the wrong way round, i wake up and get charlie and ethan up then feed, wash and dress Adam, then get Coby up and sort him out, make breakfast then jump in the shower.

I pack lunch boxes while makeing breakfast too, it is a rush but it all gets done.

x

My day is a lot like Layla's but I guess thats because I have other kids to get off to school too.

My day starts at 6.30am, I get myself dressed, washed, hair done and sometimes I even remember to brush my teeth :) then at about 7am I wake Matthew up, get him dressed, fed and then in his bouncy chair left to chill out for a while. I shout my girls to get up at about 7.20, they come and get breakfast and then slowy but surely get themselves dressed. Lucy (4) needs lots of reminding to hurry up because sometimes I'll find her stood in the middle of the living room with her knickers and socks on and a blank look on her face because she's forgotten what to do next ... bless her, she's not a morning person LOL. Then like Layla, Matthews feeds are 11, 2, 5, 8 and 11 again. Matthew goes down straight after the last feed and doesn't wake up until I wake him up at 7am. I'm really pleased that he's doing this at just 3.5 weeks old but I'm not holding out too much hope that'll it'll last .... I make the most of every full nights sleep I get just in case it all goes to pot :)

Hope you are settling in at home hun with the baby :)

Naimi x

wow he sleeps through! your so lucky. after the 11pm feed Adam wakes up between 3 and 4am for the next one, then his morning one is at 7.30 ish.

Did you tell Matthew when his feeds were to make him fit in around your day? i did with Adam

x

LOL yes I did :)

With school runs to do i'm afraid he had to fit into my routine and not the other way around. It seems to be working though and he's settled in quite nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->