routines!!!!!!!!!!!

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
i am being nagged from all angels about routines. what do i do? do i put her into a routine, if so how? help please ladies any advice eitheir way or suggestions is much appreciated.

rough days are as follows:
gets up about 8 - feed
awake till 9 - sleeps
wakes at around 12 - feeds
plays till next feed
4pm feed
might nap for a hour ish maybe 2
6.30pm bathtime
7.30pm feed
awake till next feed (some days will sleep)
11pm feed (bed sometimes takes hour ish - but sleep till 8 )

is this normal - should i change anything? if i should change how do i go about the changes - is she the right age to put a routine in place - how do i do it - will she follow????
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I was always being nagged to put Alexa into a routine, but I always let her lead her own routine. Only this week, when she turned 7 months, have I started her on a schedule. I wouldn't be too concerned right now, do what you are comfortable with, she is your child, you have to live with her, not everyone else, so who cares what they say!!! Good Luck!! :hugs:

I believe in routines, however obviously when they are super young you cant expect them to stick exactly hour for hour sometimes.

During the day Jasmine eats about every 3 hours... After her feed at 9ish she goes down until about 6-7 with one feed during the night.

We dont have a daytime routine, but a night time routine is very important to us. We started when she was about a month and a half old, and by 2 months, she was sleeping 12 hours straight.

We feed, then bath, lotion swaddle and bed. We still do :)

I was always being nagged to put Alexa into a routine, but I always let her lead her own routine. Only this week, when she turned 7 months, have I started her on a schedule. I wouldn't be too concerned right now, do what you are comfortable with, she is your child, you have to live with her, not everyone else, so who cares what they say!!! Good Luck!! :hugs:

I second that!:thumpup:I only have bedtime routine.

We only really have a bedtime routine too!!

From when noah was tiny, we always bathed him at 7pm, then it was straight in to the bedroom to get dry etc, cuddles, bottle and straight down to sleep, sometimes even if he didn't sleep straight away I'd put the monitor on & his little light show and just leave him - he'd always just babble to himself and then go off!

Now its pretty much the same, although some nights he'll be knackered by 6pm. He doesn't have a bath everynight, but, he always gets his jammies on, we go in the kitchen to do his bottle then he runs to the baby gate (to get up the stairs) as he knows its bed time & he obviously likes it as he would stand waiting for me to open the gate!

Noah stayed at my mums lastnight & she said she done his bottle and he went straight to the door knowing it was bed time!

Lola does have a routine but not a strict one.We have a defined bedtime routine and waking up,feeding time but mostly she just leads her way.

I think your routine looks good,but the most important thing is that it works for both you and Hermione.Just be aware that when they're that yung there's gonna be a lot of changes so it's bound to get messed up now and then.

Routine's are fab! My Lo now sleeps from 7pm to 5.30am waking only at 10am! He used to go to bed at 5am lol! I followed Contented Baby Routines and it works for mine as he fights sleeps. Its hard tho and I dont recommend starting it over xmas time.

we have always followed and bedtime routine with maddi and shes slept through 8-8 since 6weeks. in the day, i've been a go with the flow kind of person and she has developed her own routine. i have always been concerned that if i follow my daytime routine too strictly we wouldn't be able to do anything. my biggest piece of advice would be follow what your baby wants and imo they fall into their own routine (daytime) x

whoah, 8-8... whats your secret??

Renah goes to sleep at 12:30 normally and then wakes at 7:30. But during the day we don't have a set schedule, she's still too young IMO. I'm going to start after Christmas to try to get her in a semi-structured day schedule, and see if I can get her in bed earlier.

When my little girl was born, I used to wonder if I should get her on a schedule right away. A friend recommended it due to experience with her niece. However, I decided to let my baby find her own routine. I was lucky in that she was a good little sleeper from the get-go (sleep 6 hrs at a time), and would wake once around the same time for a feed & change.

Now at 4 months, she knows it is bedtime when she has a bath, lotion, and feeding. One day in the early afternoon, she pooped all over her back and needed a bath. So after cleaning her up, she took it as bedtime and almost slept the whole afternoon away! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->