Royal baby did not 'steal' one but TWO of our names

Sannie87

Reaction score
Our little ones name is George Alexander David :dohh:
My mums so excited but I am rather annoyed LOL

Aww I'm going thru the same frustration, ours will be called George John James but I'm still miffed she's nicked his first name xxxx luckily my mum n dad know the name so they can back us up xxxx

Same here our family and a few close friends knew...but what worries me now is their will be sooooo many George's in his age range :dohh:

Oh gosh I didn't think of that!!!! Now I'm angry again lol xxxx

Sorry LOL my mum brought that one up!
She thinks it's hilarious, we have also felt compelled to having to announce our name on FB now cos of it...annoyed aint even the word anymore :dohh:

Aww no, we're still gonna keep it a secret, coz if we announce now or the birth people are still gonna have their opinions on it, and I want people to know when he's here if that makes any sense xxxx hugs xxx

Yeah it does make sense, but for us personally we could not keep our frustration to ourselves lol
Our family is going lala over it :haha:

Oh gosh, I bet they are, how unlucky is that 2 names to be stolen tho 😖xxx

I would be proud if my LO were a boy (we're team yellow) and we'd picked George!

I said to my OH today that if they nick our name I would be fuming. Then he reminded my that King Toby didn't really work lol :haha:

I feel for you! Glad I'm not the only one finding this royal baby thing less than charming and wonderful. V. happy for them, of course, but aren't you just sick of people comparing?? I'm past due with my first son, and if I hear the word 'Kate' one more time, I'm going to scream!

Your names are all lovely xx

My daughter( 4) was obsessed with naming her little brother George coz he is the little brother on peppa pig. ( ? Kids are crazy lol )
She heard the prince and princess named "their baby" George and doesn't want to now.

I'm glad she decided against George on her own because it was never going to happen, and she won't be disappointed. :haha:

Wont be changing my LO's name, we are just going switch the middle names around so it wont be too obvious so the Alexander is 2nd I will just explain to him why in his baby book he is George Alexander David and Not George David Alexander :haha:

I have Alexander earmarked as our middle name if we have a boy... not too bad I suppose

All ready people on f.b are saying things like " now lets see how many sad sacks will name their child after the prince before the end of the year"

So I can see why people are annoyed, everyone will just think they are "copying"

I have Alexander earmarked as our middle name if we have a boy... not too bad I suppose

All ready people on f.b are saying things like " now lets see how many sad sacks will name their child after the prince before the end of the year"

So I can see why people are annoyed, everyone will just think they are "copying"

while it must be frustrating for those that have it chosen (especially if its a family name etc...) it will shoot up in popularity because of the prince and there will be hundreds going 'no, no, I didn't name him after prince George' but the increasing stats will show lots must have and lets face it for a classic normal name George isn't that popular (I dont know any, and certainly dont know any children called George and there are non in my sons school, cant even remember meeting anyone with that name) its not like there are 5 Georges currently in all classrooms compared to Harrys, Jacobs and Olivers

I breathed a sigh of relief when we found out it was a boy. I'd be so much more devastated if they used our baby girl name!! I don't want our names to be popular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->