Royal baby did not 'steal' one but TWO of our names

I have Alexander earmarked as our middle name if we have a boy... not too bad I suppose

All ready people on f.b are saying things like " now lets see how many sad sacks will name their child after the prince before the end of the year"

So I can see why people are annoyed, everyone will just think they are "copying"

while it must be frustrating for those that have it chosen (especially if its a family name etc...) it will shoot up in popularity because of the prince and there will be hundreds going 'no, no, I didn't name him after prince George' but the increasing stats will show lots must have and lets face it for a classic normal name George isn't that popular (I dont know any, and certainly dont know any children called George and there are non in my sons school, cant even remember meeting anyone with that name) its not like there are 5 Georges currently in all classrooms compared to Harrys, Jacobs and Olivers

I agree with this. Like I said I do feel bad for those who will be accused of copying, plenty WILL actually just be copying because the name will be popular, I suppose that is how everything goes though, Everyone thinks they are arriving at these "old fashioned names" through their own choice but the seed is planted there. If that makes any sense at all. It is like fashion; you don't want to like it just because everyone else is wearing it but you do :haha: then in ten years you will go "bloody hell what am I wearing in that picture" best way I can think of it anyways :dohh:

Ah well I will know I was not pathetic enough to copy their name..it's my grandads name so people who in the future say we copied it can kiss my 888 :haha:

I don't get it. So what if people thought 'ooh Prince George that's nice I'll name my baby George!' Why is that sad? It doesn't even matter if every George in the world was named as a 'copy' of him. It's a nice name!

By the way it's already a very popular/common name anyway. Just like my son's name Jack! We actually like George for number 2, but not fully decided yet x

Alexander is #9 on the boys list. Royal baby didn't steal your name, you chose a popular one! Lol

Not that I'm disagreeing with your point .... but Alexander is 22nd here.

Wasn't George 13th in the UK? So it was already quite a popular name ... of course it will now become even more popular though.

I think I'd be upset too though I think.

Wasn't George 13th in the UK? So it was already quite a popular name ... of course it will now become even more popular though.

I think I'd be upset too though I think.

yeah about 12/13th but Ive never met a child or baby with the name... same as Jake is 23rd but Ive only ever met one other Jake

Harrys are everywhere, every boy my son met for the first 2 years was called Harry (it was so common it was weird) but now hes in school most seem to of vanished? wonder where they all went lol (although he still has 2 cousins born within 6 months of him both called Harry)

I would be a bit annoyed that because their baby was born first people are always going to assume you chose the name because they did

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->