royal jelly and maca --> improved blood tests

pirate1974

Reaction score
HI everyone,
I am in my 2nd round of IUI with clomid and femara. The only thing I've changed this month was I started taking royal jelly and maca as well as myo-inositol (sp?) and then increased tons of vitamins like D, unquinol, zinc, C, EPO, folic acid, iron and a baby aspirin. I know, it's a crazy a lot of stuff! Anyway, so yesterday I had my blood tests for CD11 and compared it to last month and I saw a 150% increase in my estrogen as well as an increase in my progesterone (from .2 to .5) I know for a successful IUI you want higher estrogen which is being produced by follicles so maybe I'll ovulate 2 eggs instead of 1 like last month. I'll keep you posted, but I do want to say I was excited to see such an emormous improvement taking natural supplements. i'm willing to try anything at this point (i've also cut out caffeine and alcohol, but I dont know if that woudl've impacted my estrogen)

Hello! You definitely should be careful with natural supplements as they can definitely affect your cycle, hormones, etc. I actually went to a naturopath who practices closely with my acupuncturist. Once they did blood work on me and looked at my levels, etc. they recommended Royal Jelly. And I take a teeny spoonful every evening. It's a little sweet and a pretty tangy and it came in refrigerated form from my health food store. I think of the busy bees that made it )) I have been taking Royal Jelly for last month and this cycle too (DE IVF, Biotexcom clinic). I do feel better that it was something I cleared with my dr. before taking though. I did start taking one thing on a hunch and I turned out to be right. I'd gotten an extremely low AMH score (not super surprising for my age!!) But I'd read up on it more. And determined it can be tied to low vitamin D and can affect your fertility. So probably it's also good to take vitamin D (beyond what's in prenatal)..
Ok, enough rambling. Definitely do your research before adding supplements to your routine (even herbal teas have medicinal properties if you can believe it;)
Sending sticky rainbow dust to us all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->