Rubella?

MissyMojo

Army Wife, Mam & BFP
Reaction score
heya hunni's

been for a pre pregnancy natter with my dr to get advice on lifestyle changes etc to make, foods to eat, foods to avoid etc, and she told me they have no record of me getting a MMR jab, so i need to be tested to see if i have rubella immunity.. if im not i have to get jabbed and wait 3 months before trying !!!

anyone have any idea when in your life u get MMR jabs ??:shrug:

You get it when you're 13months old normally but there was all this hoo-ha about people thinking it caused Autism or something so a load of parents opted out of their kids getting it so now the viruses are all back even though there is no risk.

I had mine when I was a child but when they did the routine bloods at my booking-in my immunity was low so I had to avoid children and people infected with rubella until I was 17 weeks which was ridiculous because I work with kids but luckily I was fine. They say it can fluctuate during pregnancy so they're going to test me again with my 28 week bloods but I now have to get the jab after I've given birth to prevent me getting it and passing it on to baby. It just doesn't work with some people so you're not alone! In a way it's better that they don't know if you had it and checked up so you don't have weeks of worrying if you fall pregnant like I did! I hate needles as well so I'm gutted mine didn't work.

im just stressing that after 18months of waiting for oh too be ready and me to be off anti depressants i'm gonna be told no immunity and have to wait for a jab then wiat 3 months to be ready to go again . . . . but all for the baby eh?

Yeah, and hey, it'll always give you more time to get used to charting your cycles and stuff.

i'd have to go on patch for those 3 months, or abstain!!!!! oh would have a big sperm build up hahhahahaha so couldnt figure out my routine anyhow,

my cousin said she had rubella/german measles when she was neary one and im 18 months older than her so if i didnt get it 2 n half surely that meant i got jabbed?? or do u get the jab older???

argh no fun this ,,, fingers crossed for nest friday xxx

Yeah it could be that the notes/record just got lost somewhere or your parents took you to a private clinic or something.

i had my MMR shot when I was pregnant..
had no freaking idea that I was pregnant, and required it for school as I was no longer immune to it.
I spoke with something here in Canada called Mother Risk - who assured me that having the MMR vaccine during pregnancy, there is no more of a risk for birth defects than someone who didn't get it. These days the vaccines are a lot less dangerous. Hoping she was right and didn't give me false information..
But Mother Risk gets statistics and does studies, etc all based around different drugs, vaccines, etc to see what damage is done on the fetus. And from all the reported people who had the MMR vaccine while pregnant, there was no increase in the amount of birth defects. Still the exact same chance of a defect you would have without.

So - unless the vaccines differ greatly from Canada to Europe - I wouldn't worry too much about it.. Maybe give it a month, but otherwise, I doubt there would be much of a problem!

(sorry bout the big long story! LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->