Ruby - how many do you know?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
As the title says :)
Also is it considered a 'chav' name by you or a 'upper class' name etc?

It's very popular by me but not 'chavvy' I don't think ..

I don't think it's either chavvy or upper class particularly, I associate it more with feisty red-heads as the two that I know of are both like that!!

It's a nice name. I know one the same age as me and one little girl.

The only Ruby I know is my Great Aunt, she's close to 90 now.

I know of only one, who is just one. I don't think its particularly chavvy or posh, just normal.

I only know one little girl named Ruby. Comes from a good family.

I only know one little girl named Ruby, and it's in our top 2 choices for girls names. To me, it doesn't sound particularly upper class, but like a bright and slightly cheeky name, so it really appeals to me.

I know 5 Ruby's, one was a very old lady, one is 24, one 14 and the other two are 5 and 2. I've always really liked that name. I don't think it's chavvy or upper class, it's a normal name iykwim x

I only in person know 2 - 1 60 year old and 1 dog

I wouldn't say chavvy but definitely not posh... very lower/working class though

I don't know anyone named Ruby, but I love the name. :)

I don't think it really has any connotations, to me it's a classic, pretty name.

I only know one. She's about 5. She's a very sweet and compassionate little girl.

I know one, she's 3. I've taught a few Ruby's, it was a bit of a "chavvy" name here a few years ago- those Ruby's are all 7ish. Now I don't meet many Ruby's and I'm not sure whether it would still be considered chavvy. I like it though :)

TO be completely honest, I only know one Ruby and she is super trashy. lol I think the name has potential and its cute. But I always think of the ruby I know when I hear it. I would need to meet another ruby to hopefully change my mind

I know 1, a girl I went to school with and her whole family was chavvy. I think it's just a normal name :) it's on our list.

There are a few in my children's school (huge school though three form entry) and I wouldnt say they were chavvy nor upper class.

I only know 1. She's 6 months and from by no means a chavvy family!

Em xxx

I don't think it's chavvy or posh. I think I only know of one and she's a toddler.

I have a ruby and I am 100% in love with the name. I fall in love with the name every day and she is 8 lol. She was born early 2006 and it got really popular in 2007. Even so she is the only Ruby in her school of 500 and if I am ever out and say her name I can 99.9% be sure someone random will comment what a beautiful name! I love it. Honestly. Just wish I had found a 2nd girls name I liked as much as Ruby. Its so pretty.

I don't personally know anyone named Ruby, I love the name and was going to suggest it if we were having a girl but it's a boy! :) Except I would have spelled it Rubi, our other daughters name is Rori.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->