Ruby- how many do you know?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
How many Ruby's do you know & how old are they please?
Also do you consider it a 'chavvier' name?

I knew an old lady (deceased now), a girl up the road age 14, a little girl in my daughters class age 5. I think it's a lovely name, that's not as popular as it was a few years ago, which to makes it more appealing. I don't think it particularly chavvy. Ruby Eliza Grace is very pretty 😃

I knew an old lady (deceased now), a girl up the road age 14, a little girl in my daughters class age 5. I think it's a lovely name, that's not as popular as it was a few years ago, which to makes it more appealing. I don't think it particularly chavvy. Ruby Eliza Grace is very pretty 😃

We've decided to go with a name that we've always liked so then we know we wouldn't regret it - Ruby and Daisy being the two we've always liked.
However by me it's very popular but I think that's more with older children and it's not so popular now.
& thankyou :)

I knew a girl a while back named Ruby...She is probably a teenager now(!)
Other than that, I've never heard of any other Ruby's
I do think it's a lovely name, but I really like how Eliza is very meaningful to you. Eliza Grace Ruby sounds cute or Grace Ruby Eliza flows nicely also.
Hopefully you find the perfect name soon!!

I don't think I know of anyone called Ruby. I think it is a very pretty name.

Just saw your previous post - Daisy is adorable too but personally I'm not sure if it would age well. I can't really see Ruby aging well either, but that's just my opinion and I'm also from US so things are different.

I think it's lovely. I work in a school and I've only ever heard one. She's 3 but spells it Rubie! It's not considered chavvy in my area I don't think. I think it's a beautiful name!

I think it's a lovely name, but it's very popular in my area. I know 6 Rubys under 5 years old! I find it surprising that it isn't as popular elsewhere!

I think it's a lovely name, but it's very popular in my area. I know 6 Rubys under 5 years old! I find it surprising that it isn't as popular elsewhere!

I am very surprised too!
We went to a fun afternoon at our local childrens centre and there we're 5 Ruby's there out of 27 children. That's when I realised how popular it is in my area.
However I think it's beautiful and love the nicknames Roo and Rubes!

I know one Ruby, she's 3. They call her Rubes, which I think is adorable.

If chavvy means hillbilly, then no, I don't think it's chavvy at all :)

I know 3 - elderly lady, teenager and a baby. It ages well! Not chavvy in the slightest.

I don't know any but would think chavy - only because my stepdad would call her Ruby Murray (cockney rhyming slang) and it would drive me nuts. x

Love it. It's on our list. :flower: Around here, I've not heard of a single one in my life though!

Thanks everyone.
Must just be my area that's it's 'chavvy'
Ive decided to let my partner chose her name as I'm so torn between a few and it got main choice in Isabelle's
Xx

I know one, she is 10 and it's my 5 year old niece's middle name. It's not a chavvy name to me at all, I like it.

I know one, she's in her 50s. Not chavvy either.

I know 3 under 5 years and at least 2 others who are planning on it for a girl. It is a very popular name where I am. But I don't think it is chavvy. I think it is a pretty name I just wouldn't choose it because it is so popular and I know she would not be he only one in her class at school.

I know of 3 people, I don't think it's a Chavvy name at all. Our goldfish is called Ruby lol. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->