Ruby Rebekah 11/6/10

Ellie130891

Barry(OH)and Ruby(LO) :)
Reaction score
Finally getting round to doing this...you know how much time these little monsters take up!!!

Had a sweep at 10am on my due date (10th june) started contracting straight away afterward and was regular by 4pm that night every 15 mins
by 11pm i was contracting for 50 seconds every 5 minutes and as I had strep B I was told to go in and start the anti biotics

well I had to stay overnight as I was only 3cm so I had come codine and spent the night in pain

The next day was long and painful and as contractings got worse I had another sweep at 4cm and was told to walk around.

Had a bath and the pain got so bad I was screaming. Next examination I was nearly ready to go and given gas and air and pethadine.

At 8.45pm....27 hours later I gave birth to Ruby Rebekah at 6lb8. The second I stopped screaming she started and has rarely stopped since!!!

I found birth amazing and get emotional thinking about it still. I actually miss it and wish I could go through it again because the experience was amazing. I dont even mind the pain looking back and I loved pushing and having that feeling which was so physical.

I would do it every day to be with her if I had to. I love her so much but with that comes the worry that she is hurting/too hot/hungry/upset.
She cries lots and only settles in my arms. Ive hardly slept since but it was so worth it and it was the best day of my life!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:happydance: Congratulations Ellie on you baby girl such lovely names! you said some really nice stuff esp even though its hard work you would do it all over again made me feel optimistic aboiut my own Labor! so happy for you enjoy.

its actually enjoyable pain. its such a proud moment knowing u can do it. just breathe slowly thats my best advice my partner was such a help just breathe slowly and deeply and use gas and air!
i wasnt going to use anything cause i have a phobia of being sick but i used gas and air and had pethadine and i was fine just a bit dizzy but trust me the pain feels good because you feel such pride in yourself

What a lovely positive birth story! Do we get to see pics of Ruby? x

i cant seem to upload them!!!!!

i miss the labor it was amazing its such an incredibly proud moment ive never been proud of myself before

motherhood is amazing too altho i find i worry at every sound she makes!!!!

huge congrats hun and welldone!! i know what you mean about feeling so emotional about it, im like that about mine (just posted). Totally agree about the breathing slowly etc

congrats hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->