running around after a toddler

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
anyone else constantly tired from it?:dohh::wacko:

Im sooo tired. My bp is high and been told to rest...eh yeah like that's going to happen. It's so much harder this time being pregnant. I have a very very active 20 mth old and am constantly chasing her around and so so tired...anyone else ? x:sleep::sleep:

is there anyone that can take her for while during the day for a while for the next few days to get you some rest! i have friends that have bad bp and have kids too look after and find it hard but its important for you and your unborn baby that you get rest! maybe your mother or someone in the family could help you out even if they come to your house and help you out a bit!

Yes exactly the same boat! Its difficult but I knew it would be x

I know exactly what you mean. OH is great at taking Harvey out for a while when he gets in from work and letting me have a lie down in peace but it is knackering during the day. I hate to say that CBeebies is on a lot more than I'd like at the moment.

is there anyone that can take her for while during the day for a while for the next few days to get you some rest! i have friends that have bad bp and have kids too look after and find it hard but its important for you and your unborn baby that you get rest! maybe your mother or someone in the family could help you out even if they come to your house and help you out a bit!

I live in scotland and hubby works on an oil rig so Im down with my mum in england while he's away so she helps out loads when she gets in from work...its just the 8-5 i really have to do everything but am lucky can chill a bit later on in the day x

me to. My dd is 15mths. I havnt slept at night for 2 daxs!tired out but i rest when i can

I know exactly what you mean. OH is great at taking Harvey out for a while when he gets in from work and letting me have a lie down in peace but it is knackering during the day. I hate to say that CBeebies is on a lot more than I'd like at the moment.

lol cbeebies is on a bit here too...end up feeling guilty about that but has to be done when i'm too tired to get my bum off the sofa

I'm much more tired this time round. Resting when you feel like it just isn't an option. I am lucky that we can keep my son in nursery for now so I get 3 days a week off while he's there and I'm off work. We might rethink after baby is here but thought it best to keep his routine as normal as possible for the time being.
Is there anyone who could help out for a few hours a week, taking your daughter out for a respite? xx

Oh ignore my last comments, you'd already answered :)

We've also had lots of tv on too xx

My lo is 13 months and I'm exhausted, by the time he goes to bed at night I have no energy to do anything. This morning he woke at 4.20 am! I try to nap as much as possible when he does.

My little one is 26 months and I am exhausted all the time. I have little or no help during the day either.
And at night I suffer from restless legs... nightmare.

I have a two year old, and I'm always exhausted. Thank Heavens for naptime!

I have a 7 year old and a 2.5 year old. I am shattered! I get very little help. My son does go to a childminder every wednesday but he wasn't in today as he wouldn't settle but thankfully got him down for nap. I'm aneamic too which doesn't help matters.

I live in scotland and hubby works on an oil rig so Im down with my mum in england while he's away so she helps out loads when she gets in from work...its just the 8-5 i really have to do everything but am lucky can chill a bit later on in the day x

awh thats shitty!!i dont have any kids expecting my first so dont have to try look after a lo while pregnant dont know how you do it. i get tired from just sitting around doing nothing! on the plus side though its passing time and making your pregnancy go faster. i am so fed up just lying around doing nothing :(
good luck with the rest of your pregnancy huni!!xx

Good to know there's a few of us in the same boat! I'm actually having an easier pregnancy this time around (so far, touch wood) but I'm definitely finding my days with Thomas more tiring than my days at work now! It feels like he's getting faster as I'm getting slower!

i have a nearly three year old and she likes LOTS of attention! i'm on my own every day until 6pm, as my partner and family all work or have kids of there own to run around after! Baby is due mid august though and daughter starts nursery in september, so at least i'll have every morning to myself with baby and my daughter will love going out everyday to school.

Does help the time fly though! can't believe i'm thirty weeks already!

ahh ladies really feel for you all. Thank god my little on goes to bed at 7 as I dont know what I'd do without the peace in the evening...

everyone keeps saying "what will u do when there is two " but I think i wont be this tired so will be easier after the first few weeks.......hopefully:wacko:

absolutely shattered and sometimes feel guilty that i just do not have the energy at the moment to entertain him like he wants to sometimes . . . its like the other poster said yeah it is terribly difficult but i knew it would be before i got to this point lol i am just so lucky that my boy is such a good sleeper, he is awake all day but sleeps 7pm-8.30am at least i have the option to laze about in the evening . . . i just have to get myself to evening time lol

my husband works a hell of a lot of hours and mostly daytimes (bar manager) which means by the time he gets home ds is ready for bed and all the hardwork is done

i remember saying to dh that part of me is/was looking forward to mat leave because i will not be spread so thinly and will be full time mummy again but then again it means you will be working more hours (work aholic without meaning to be) and i will be in single mother mode again as like i said most days he isnt back until literally 15 mins before bedtime or well after bedtime . . . . a little bit like you although at least i have him here for 15 mins

I have a 20 month old too, and I am knackered. Luckily he started sleeping like an angel from about 16 months old (took that long!!), however since reaching 37 weeks I'm the one not sleeping, just can't get comfy. So I'm feeling very ratty at the moment. Lots of :hugs: to you xxx

this afternoon out of the blue my cousin asked if Ruby could come go over for her dinner. Before I would have worried sick about her ( even though my cousin is more paranoid and safety consious than anyone I know) Today though I jumped at the chance....It was so nice to relax for a couple of hours, though was very happy to see my little monster again as we are never really apart...I've found going to more toddler groups helps as she doesnt need attention from me as much when there and also she is a tiny bit more tired in the afternoons x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"