Running while pregnant

RAFMrs

I got a little thistle..
Reaction score
Have any of you kept up running while pregnant? I'm still :bfn: but am already concerned about losing my fitness once :bfp: comes along. I used to be grossly overwieght but over the last 7 years have lost 6 stone and kept it off.

I run every day, do weights at home etc, but it's the running that has had the true effect on my health. I asked my doctor if running was ok throught pregnancy and he said the jury is out still...everyone is different, and to not try to improve fitness..just maintain it. That's ok as that's all I want to do.

Therefore I wondered if any of you have ran throughout..and for how long. Runners world says it's ok and vastly different for each pregnancy...but I'm thinking nothing can help like advice from women on here who've been through it.

I think its fine up until 6 months or so. I have a coworker who ran until she was 6 months gone. I must warn you though, theres a theory that if you do loads of exercise, the increase of oxygen you take in whilst exercising means you have a bigger baby :shock: My coworkers was 9lb9 so it might just be true!

As long as you inform your Doctor and Midwife, and your body is used to the exercise it's fine. There have been a couple of women on here who have run up until 38 weeks ;)

My doctor always said if your body is fit and used to it, it would be worse for you to stop. Plus if you're fit and healthy with good muscle strength then labour should be easier!

I think its fine up until 6 months or so. I have a coworker who ran until she was 6 months gone. I must warn you though, theres a theory that if you do loads of exercise, the increase of oxygen you take in whilst exercising means you have a bigger baby :shock: My coworkers was 9lb9 so it might just be true!

wow, that's interesting. Thanks x

Plus if you're fit and healthy with good muscle strength then labour should be easier!

Liking the sound of that! Thanks

My mum bless her has this notion that any vigorous exercise will shake the little bean loose! We discreetly laugh at her now..but she's adamant! Must be the generation gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->