Runny poo

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Over the last few days aidan's poo had been really runny and totady when i wa changing him he did a poo and when it came out it was so runny, no solid bits in it at all. Any advice on what to do ladies??
xx

Its normal hun by sounds of it Alfies was the same

Babies poo is pretty runny, however if it is really watery and green looking it can be a sign of an allergy. If he has an allergy he may also feed little and often, sometimes gag or spit up alot.

Yeah, Renah was having really watery green diapers and it was due to an issue with lactose. We switched and she's got normal poop now!

Runny poop is normal but like Ryder said, if its green you should keep an eye on it (although this can also be cause by too much iron).

Are you breastfeeding? If so poo should be runny yellow coloured with seedy looking bits in! Not sure about ff x

if you're breastfeeding or using aptimil then it seems that the poo is aways runny! but any other formula and (I've found) that it's more solid. You can ask your HV/midwife for reassurance though. We got a leaflet about what poo should look like when we left hospital - lovely!

I was breast feeding but it just wasn't satistfying him and the mw suggested thinking about formula so i switched. I'll ring the health visitor ans ask because his is very green . Thaks girls

In a breast fed baby, green poo is a sign something is up but with formula fed babies it tends to be the excess iron their body doesn't need from the formula. I would ring the HV to check to be safe :)

runny poo is pretty normal in newborns, no worries but as the others are saying if your worried call the mw.

also switching to formula can affect the poop.after2/3 days it should be normal again x

Daisy had this with Aptamil we switched to cow and gate and she has been fine since xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->