Ruptured Uterus

babybels71

Reaction score
I thought I would share with you my past experience of having a ruptured Uterus. Happened with my 2nd labour, dilated to 8cm then previous c/section scar ruptured. I then went on to have my 3rd baby, my daughter, and was advised to get sterelized as my uterus lining was like a piece of paper..........7 years on I am now 17 weeks pregnant with our little miracle, it's been very worrying for me and my partner but we are looking forward to our scan this Tuesday so we can find out if our little miracle is a boy or girl............watch this space!!!!

Oh wow congrats!! I hope all goes well for you. What happened when your uterus ruptured? I had a classical c-section so the risks are higher for that to happen so im a bit scared of that.
Good luck!

I was in labour with Tom my first born, for 36 hours and had an emergency c section as i only dilated 2 cm, with my 2nd boy, Charlie, they let me go trial of scar, I managed to dilate to 8cm but my scar ruptured. Was pretty horrendous but we both came out ok thank god. Then I had Chloe, who is now 7, she was born by elective c-section, and all went well although they told me not to have anymore children due to the lining of my uterus been so fine. Anyway, I split up with my Husband due to his infedelity last year and met an amazing guy called Paul and hey ho I became pregnant again, not ideal but we are ecstatic all beit a little nervous but things are going well so far, apart from this weekends worry, which has stopped, hooray! But yes I will be having another c section and this will definately be my last baby as they are sterilizing me at the same time, shame but its too risky.

Yikes that sounds scary! what age gap is there between your 1st and 2nd child?

There is two years between my first two boys, then three year gap between my son and daughter, now there is a seven year gap between daughter and bump.

Was just wondering as im going for a vaginal birth this time after a previous emergency c-section!! scared now !! lol

Was just wondering as im going for a vaginal birth this time after a previous emergency c-section!! scared now !! lol

I think it is normal to be apprehensive about having a VBAC. I had a successful VBAC after my emergency C-Section. They even induced labor (with Pitocin) with my VBAC for fear the baby was getting too large. Labor lasted 4 hours, and after 15 minutes of pushing I had a beautiful baby girl!
I am Preggers with #3 and plan for another VBAC.
You will be amazed at how well you recover afterwords. With my C-Section seemed it took me weeks to recover. My VBAC, I was up and moving around right after I delivered.
Either way you deliver, I hope that you have a safe delivery and a healthy baby. :happydance::crib:

Thanks Stephie, thats really interesting to read i was unaware they could induce you when going for a vbac.
I was the same with my section, took weeks to recover and was in a lot of pain for quite some time. Another reason why i hope things so smoothly this time !!!
Thanks for your reply and hope you go on to have another successful vbac !

i had an emergancy c-section with my first born 7 years ago due to complications at 10cm, i asked the doc this time round if i could try for a VBAC and he said it was no problem and he advised me to do so, the problem was is that my first born was very big and could not fit through my pelvic bone no matter how hard i pushed so i asked if i could be induved this time round at 39 weeks so the baby was a bit smaller giving me a better chance of a sucsessful VBAC but he refused point blank and told me that its to risky to be induced with a previous scar as the chance of rupter is much higher if i was induced, so i have now opted for a planned c-section which i am having on monday morning at 8am i would have gone for the VBAC if i was to be induced but im not risking going through the terrible experiance i had first time round again, i wish they would have induced me as thr recovery from c-section is so long and painful but its better to have the experiance be calm than all rushed and an emergancy, good luck to all u ladies due to have planned c-sections and VBACS i hope all goes well for u all xx

Thanks Stephie, thats really interesting to read i was unaware they could induce you when going for a vbac.
I was the same with my section, took weeks to recover and was in a lot of pain for quite some time. Another reason why i hope things so smoothly this time !!!
Thanks for your reply and hope you go on to have another successful vbac !

Good luck to you! I recently learned that doctors now frown upon inducing with a VBAC. My VBAC was 8 years ago, perhaps they werent aware of the risk involved then? My daughter was a healthy 8 lbs 5 oz when she was born. Hopefully I can have a VBAC this time around...even without the induction. I will have to wait to find out what my options are when I go for my first appt.
:headspin:

Deujan19th - I was searching the internet a few nights ago, they now sell c-section belts (it is a hot/cold pack). Maybe you could look into getting one of those? Anything that will help subdue the pain! Have you heard of Earth Mama Angel Baby products? They sell a C-section salve with rave reviews. Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Good luck to you! I recently learned that doctors now frown upon inducing with a VBAC. My VBAC was 8 years ago, perhaps they werent aware of the risk involved then? My daughter was a healthy 8 lbs 5 oz when she was born. Hopefully I can have a VBAC this time around...even without the induction. I will have to wait to find out what my options are when I go for my first appt.
:headspin:

Deujan19th - I was searching the internet a few nights ago, they now sell c-section belts (it is a hot/cold pack). Maybe you could look into getting one of those? Anything that will help subdue the pain! Have you heard of Earth Mama Angel Baby products? They sell a C-section salve with rave reviews. Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

thanks for letting me know i actually hadnt heard of them, the only thing is if u can only buy them online i might not have the time to wait on the delivery as im having the section on monday, do u know if u can buy them in a shop i'll try anything to make the recovery better than it was last time.

thanks for letting me know i actually hadnt heard of them, the only thing is if u can only buy them online i might not have the time to wait on the delivery as im having the section on monday, do u know if u can buy them in a shop i'll try anything to make the recovery better than it was last time.

I found the website...they do expedited shipping as well...even if it isnt there when the baby is born it will be shortly after. It looks like it just uses a cooling pack that you place into a pouch that wraps around your abdomen to keep it in place. If you are feeling creative, I am sure you can try making one?
They are about 26 dollars...and if you need it expedited you have to call in your order 877-816-5055. You can google it, it is called Soothe N Comfort Relief Belt. You should find it under pregnancystore . com
I cant post the link because I dont have 10 posts yet. :wacko:
Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"