Rusk??

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone gives their baby a bit of rusk in their bed time bottle?

My Mum suggested I try it and also my MIL said it would do no harm?

I'm just confused, is it still ok to do that?

Noah normally sleeps 6ish hours then wakes for a feed and will then go back off for 2-3 hours which I thought is ok (although he was sleeping from 9ish - 7am at one point which was great!)

Just something both our parents mentioned about him sleeping all the way through.

i wouldnt personally, is quite an old fashioned thing i believe, my mum did it with me and my sisters, but i never did it with my 2.

I did it from 11 weeks,go with your instincts
bex.x

All health advice is that you do not add anyhting to your childs bottle.

He sounds like he is doing great without it, he is still very little and I would leave off any solids just yet.

I wouldn't do it myself!

Just a querie......is there no issue with it going thru the teat? Sorry if that is a silly question! :shy:x

Not recommended, may have problems digesting it

Yeah, my mil told me to do this with my first but i ignored her. Personnaly i wouldnt, not supposed to add anything to their bottles.

I really wouldn't add anything to the bottle. It is a potential choking hazard. If you want to give him a little off the spoon, then that really is your decision, but I would urge you seriously not to add anything to his milk.

I really wouldn't add anything to the bottle. It is a potential choking hazard. If you want to give him a little off the spoon, then that really is your decision, but I would urge you seriously not to add anything to his milk.

Yeah that :)

in the olden days it was said to help babas sleep longer as they had fuller stomach but its could block the bottle teat go withur insict babesxx

I heard that advice too, along with the "add a raw egg to the bottle" and "add cocoa powder to the bottle". Ummm..... no thanks! :lol:

A Rusk is like a milky biscuit thing

I would never add anything to bottle as if fluid is too thick it can settle on there lungs, not a good idea really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->