rusks & pitta bread!

NIfirsttimer

Proud mum, new wife & WTT
Reaction score
we are (mostly) following BLW... (im giving some purees but she feeds herself / sucks them from a rice cake etc....

i have given her a suck of a rusk a few times, which shes loved, but yesterday i gave her a full rusk to hold / suck.. maybe its cos shes got 2 teeth now, ir maybe its becase these were gluten free so a different texture... but within a few seconds she literally had a mouth full of it! she'd bitten off a HUGE chunk!! surely thats not ok? should i scrap the rusks for a while until shes mastered it a bit more?

also... do any of you give pitta bread & how... i was giving her toast, which she loves, but again, shes started biting of huge big bits, and ive got scared again & stopped.... thinking pitta might prevent this??

im so scared of choking. ive read gill rapley again and again, but im still scared! i got over it a bit when she was just sucking stuff, but now shes taking chunks ive got even more scared!!!
help!!!!????

Try not to worry about it hon, it's so unlikely she'll choke. She'll just gag and bring it back up to rechew :hugs:

I give pitta bread too just as something other than toast. I grill it for just a minute on either side and then cut it open so that it's in 2 pieces and add toppings to the 2 pieces. If you leave it together I find it falls apart when they're trying to eat it so they end up with one bit of bread having a topping and the other bit plain.

Violet loves pitta bread.

I offer her a half of one, but I cut it up into three sections for her so it's not too big for her to pick up.

Like Lu said, if you give it whole, the sides just tend to seperate and I find it ends up in loads of little pieces :shrug:

We had a phase of this with Alex, he took chunks of toast and brocoli and puked it back up because he tried swallowing the chunk. He now chews it a couple weeks later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->