Safe and Swift Arrival of Oscar George 1st May 2009

sarah_george

♥Proud Mummy!♥
Reaction score
Finally! Oscar George decided to make an appearance 8 days after my due date, the longest 8 days of my life ever!!

I'm not really sure when it all started, I'd been suffering really bad Braxton Hicks for a good week or 2 and I remember at least 2 other occasions where they were strong enough for me to think it was the start of something but it wasnt!! :nope:
On the day of his arrival I got up (having had a sweep 2 days earlier which i'm sure did the trick although I didnt think so at the time of it) to quite a few niggles - nothing I would have considered strong enough to be the start of anything, and very very mild period cramps on and off, also I remember noticing mild pains either side of the middle of my back again not strong enough to think it would be the start of anything either! Pissed off and 8 days overdue me and OH decided to go for a walk around Town, This was around midday and this is when I noticed a Digging feeling in my Pelvis, It was uncomfortable but not really Painful, but it did get worse every now and then that would make me want to slow down a little, OH noticed and started timing, the thing that really threw me is that I read proper contractions come in a pattern, they had with my other 2 but these where quite random ranging from between around 15 mins and 45.
Back home a few hours later I still notice niggles and OH said he felt tired so I sent him to bed and pottered about the house, it became more obvious as the hours ticked by that there was a chance It could be the start of something again but I was just waiting for the pain to step up a gear, I was uncomfy but not in pain. OH got back up at around 730 and straight away asked how I was and if it looked like anything was going to happen, I said I wouldnt rule it out but i'm not sure, I told him I was having random BH that was about 20 mins - half hour apart, it was over the next half hour he pointed out that actually they was 10 mins apart, almost dead on at this point, time to phone my mom to look after the kids!
Mom was at work till 9pm so I told my dad that I thought it 'could' be the start of something and to put mom on standby when she got in, she phoned me at 9:15 to see how I was and I told her to give me an hour as I still wasnt sure :dohh: Within half an hour My 'BH' had gone from 10 mins to 4 mins, still not convinced that I was in true labour but thinking shit these are close together I asked my mom to come and watch the kids so I could go and get checked at MLU.
We arrived at the Midwife Led Unit at around 10:30ish laughing and joking and feeling like I have jumped the gun and that I should have stayed at home a bit longer! At this point the 'BH' where strong enough to make me stop walking and stand still but still not that overpowering, I was taken to a room where they did all the usual checks and the MW said I'm not sure but I think your 5cm Dialated! she went to get another MW to double check as she couldnt believe I had gone that far laughing and joking and still not certain if I was in Labour - sure enough I was :)
Not sure if it was knowing I was at the place I wanted to deliver that sent me to a whole new level but no sooner had I been examined that my (I'l call them contractions from now) Contractions went Really intense, about 2 mins apart and lasting what felt like forever!! Time for the Gas and Air! the MW came in at 1130 and started getting the stuff ready for the baby, I was like WTF? thats wishful thinking already aint it, Ive got hours to go yet! I make a joke at this point that if he's born in the next half hour that he will be an April baby, she said He could well be!?
Around 12:15am on 1st May 2009 I started to get the urge to push and Oscar George was Born at 12:33am. He weighed a whopping 10lb 2oz although he didnt look that big to me :cloud9: It only took a few pushes as he was that big and strong I'm sure he pushed himself out :lol: He is absolutely beautiful and I feel so blessed to have such a healthy happy little chappy, funny how those 8 days of stern words, cursing, being overdue just pale into insignificance......

1 Day Old :cloud9:
https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/sglatham/SDC10128-1.jpg

https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/sglatham/SDC10139.jpg

https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/sglatham/SDC10141.jpg

Awww congratulations hun :hugs:

What a lovely story and from your Avatar, he looks absolutley gorgeous :hugs:

xxx

awww huge congratulations! what a wonderful birth story :D

Congratulations!!! Sounds like a fantastic labour!! x x

oh congrats he is so beautiful hun.x.x

Wow congrats :) What a loverly birth-story!

he's so precious! congratulations on your little man xxx

Massive Massive Massive Congratulations Hunny xox
He is absolutely gorgeous xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back